1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a Pro CDP last night.....it was ordered right from Kimber the week before...so it appears to be fresh production.

The Mag is marked Kimber on the bottom and the follower is market "Patent Pending" The follower has a new shape. I suspect is a change to prevent aluminium frame gouging from the follower walking out of place. I also think this follow may imporve feeding. BTW it is made of metal.

·
Premium Member
20,303 Posts
That's wonderful! I wonder why Kimber did that, since they swore that the Shooting Star type mags didn't cause any problems! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
AZ Husker said:
That's wonderful! I wonder why Kimber did that, since they swore that the Shooting Star type mags didn't cause any problems! :rolleyes:
The almighty dollar is at the heart of most business decisions. :)

The new mags I've seen are made by Mecgar. The one that came with our range rental Custom 2 doesn't say Kimber and has a metal follower that is nearly flat and not split......different than the one Diablo got. It does say Mecgar on the side of the body.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a couple Shooting Star mags, a couple Kimber mags (older), and half a dozen Wilson mags.

The Wilson mags are BY FAR the best, and highest quality of construction. I will buy nothing else from here on out.

BUT...to be fair, I have never had any problems with any of the brands. They have all worked flawlessly through numerous hundreds of rounds.

:)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I posted in this thread (<<<Click>>> ) a few weeks ago and supplied this image(<<<Click>>> ) on the new design.

Essentially, it solves the problems with the CMC follower hitting the frames. The front tab keeps the follower located and from rocking forward only a small ammount.

Wes

Edit: Note, I got the new design with my Kimber Tactical II

·
Registered
378 Posts
Looks like an improved shooting star follower. Wonder if all shooting star mags will be like this now? It'll cure my biggest problem with the mags which is not dropping free due to the follower coming forward.

Kimber seems to use a lot of different mags. I've seen GI type followers, shooting star followers, and MecGar mags. So these will probably only last until they negotiate their next magazine contract.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Last week I bought a new Kimber TLE,mine also came with the exact same mag,I used this mag probably about 7 times and once it failed to lock the slide back after the last round,Also used 9 other mags and they all helded back the slide after the last round.This was also during the first 400 rds break in period.I sold all 3 of my Wilson mags due to the feed lips would bend too easy and cause fte.(this was with my old WWII repro)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Diablo.. does your CDP have the new external extractor? if so, do you have any pics of that?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, It does have the external extractor. I had it apart about 20 minutes ago......damn wish I looked at the board before....I would have taken pics of everything.

Maybe tomorrow...if I get time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts