1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bob,

Do you know when the new guns will be shown to the public? I'm dying to see this Global Survivalist.

·
Registered
844 Posts
These should be showing up in about 2 weeks or so. We will keep you posted.

Thanks,
Bob
DWF:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
:eek: I...can't...wait.... :cool:

·
Banned
651 Posts
Uh-oh, there he goes again!

Dpcdiver, you frighten me! Are you another Firestarter? :mummy:

Scott :biglaugh:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Tick Tick?

The tension increases! I talked a few minutes to Phil (nice guy) who asked "who said a couple weeks in December?" when queried about the long slide centimeter.
I'm now waiting for "BOB", to call the store with pricing structure and tentative delivery dates.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Short Post Script-

Having spent my time fighting the electronic answering machine a couple rounds until Phil came on and several holds whilst calling long distance from Alaska doesn't do much for my retail relationship Bob.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Porter Rockwell said:
Having spent my time fighting the electronic answering machine a couple rounds until Phil came on and several holds whilst calling long distance from Alaska doesn't do much for my retail relationship Bob.
I definitely understand the frustration.

When I spoke with him about three weeks ago, He said that the first run would be ready around this time. But who knows. There could have been any number of snafu's with a new production piece. With a new product, patience may be the only recourse.

It sounds like they are busting their butts to get these out, but It also seems to me that they need to hire some more help. But, again, I really don't know the whole story.

Also, the last I heard, pricing through DW directly to dealer's has gone up steeply. I think they were trying to get everyone to go through the distributor. Again, NOT from the horses mouth.

Have you tried Lew Horton? :barf: They are the distrubutor that had the Globals at the shot show. Maybe they could help answer some questions. (That is if they can get their head out of their Arse for a minute or two.)

·
Banned
651 Posts
Oh, well...

I do wish that Bob had produced a 7" barreled 10mm, (and/or .45 ACP/Super) rather than a 6" barreled version. The reasons behind this are; a) greater slide mass, b) higher initial bullet velocities, c) reduced muzzle flip and d) a longer sighing plane for enhanced sight picture stability.

I'll take a "wait and see" position on his new pistols, but I'll also take heart in the fact that his products are generally better than most others. The wait begins.

Scott

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Razorback Deja vu!!

This is beginning to sound like the Mantra of the "Hawgpen"!!

We started looking for them to arrive in Jan. They didn't ship until May.

Anybody wanna buy a barrel of "Stumpblower"?? :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts