1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 9mm Silver-Chrome Browning HP a few weeks ago. Not being happy with the pimpish gold trigger, or the standard wrap-around rubber grips, I made some changes.

Here it is with a factory Browning black trigger I installed last night, and some walnut Navridex grips (thanks to those posting info/pics on those grips, you talked me into them). :)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Now that's an attractive pistol (nice job with the camera, too). :cool: geegee

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
looks good, but i would have opted for the Nav. black micarta grips... but hey, this is where the ole chocolate vs. vanilla argument comes in :biglaugh:

Very nice, been tempted to get one like that myself.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RMLamey said:
looks good, but i would have opted for the Nav. black micarta grips... but hey, this is where the ole chocolate vs. vanilla argument comes in :biglaugh:

I came *this* close to getting the black grips instead, but opted for the walnut just to give it a little flash. :)

I will state that I did have a little bit of trouble with the Navridex grips - they didn't fit out-of-the-package. I ended up just having to remove a small amount of material from the back of the grips with a dremel, to clear the top part of the frame. It was all on the inside non-visible part of the grips, and was pretty easy to do. If anyone needs the info, I can take the grips off and post a picture of what I had to do to them to get them to fit.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Navridex grips are cut to fit a forged frame, so any time you mount a set on one of the cast frames you will probably have to do some fitting. Look closely at a forged frame and a cast frame, side by side, and you'll see the difference in the grip area.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Navidrex

My Navidrex Dymondwood Walnut grips fit my '91 silver chrome perfectly without mods. After the first range visit with them, the grip screws had become loose. I snugged them & shot off another 250 rnds yesterday, and they are still tight.
What have others done to keep their grip screws snug?
I've heard very thin plastic washers, fishing line, and blue loc tite.
The Loc tite just sounds messy...

I prefer the look of that black trigger (or even a silver one) over the shiny stock gold trigger on mine! I'm just not quite confident in my pistol smithing. I've taken apart many a sporting rifle & military rifle, but for the most part, I've stuck to the basic take down with my pistols/revolvers.

·
Registered
827 Posts
NEtracker, your '91 should have a forged frame, so if it does, that would explain why the Navridex grips fit without modification. Which type of frame does it have?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts