1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is some pics of my new milspec stainless. I didn't really have time to properly set up the shots, hopefully someday I will have time to take some worth of carrying in my wallet.

Right now I'm using a holster I cobbled together from old scraps of leather. I made a mag pouch from my old .357 magnum drop pouch and a zip tie, it actually works really well.

The holster works great now that I've got the leather broke in enough that the gun can be drawn. Unfortunately the old leather is starting to crack and will probably last another couple weeks max. I got a fobus paddle for a decent price so I'll probably use that for a while. I saw the video on here about the fobus breaking. I'm not to worried about that because I will not be carrying in a close proximaty situation. Until I get my ccw i'll just be carrying at the club and in the woods. Round abouts christmas I'd like to get a carry holster. I'd like something OWB, preferably leather; any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Good looking firearm brother.... Hope she shoots as good as she looks ;) ... I have no doubt she will...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hey Dan:

how does that baby shoot? I took mine ot the range today and things looked promising....just a little low but that's about all the problem I had. No jams, no failure to feed, not nothing. Love my SS Mil SPec

Nick

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No jams except when I want it to. I got some low power bullseye stuff that barely functions the slide, I mix them into my mags when practicing, good practice for clearing jams and stove pipes. My first 300 rds through it were hardball with no hickups.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The only jams I had so far are with Fiocchi's. Other than that no hick-ups whatsoever. So far I've used Federal AE, winchester white box, Sellier and Bellot, Fiocchi, PMC, I'm gonna try some Remington UMC this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts