1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Kim Ahrends Dymonwood thin grips on my Stainless II. They are a black/silver'ish grained thin grip.

Thinking about changing to the same grips but in Rosewood Dymondwood or Cocobolo Dymondwood.

Can anyone show me a picture of a stainless Kimber with this color grips. Don't care what pattern or style, just the color.

Thanks!

·
Registered
23,223 Posts
Yes, this should be up in the picture thread. I think these are Tulip Wood from Esmeralda on a SS bottom of a Grand Raptor.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Hard Chromed Kimber Custom II with Rosewood...sorry the pic is kinda dark...

Bill

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry...didn't realize how dark it was...:(
I'm on the fence on that one...

I personally like tactical guns. HK's. GLOCK's, black 1911's etc. I only got this Stainless II because of my wife but it's the first silver gun I fell in love with.

I always thought chromed out looking guns were gay...

HOWEVER! That is one of the NICEST looking chrome guns I've EVER seen. I would own that. Who did the work? How much did it cost you?

Oh and I saw the picture before you deleted it. Post it back up so people can see it. It's damn nice looking.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
thanks Webbles...Teddy Jacobson...I picked up a nice Custom II in black spray paint, er, blue and had Tripp Research Hard Chrome it for corrosion resistance...then sent it to Teddy for a reliability package and whatever he felt it could use...it has been flawless since having the work done in 2003...grip plates are courtesy of Old-Lefty on the Forum...

Bill

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Webbles...I believe (IIRC) Teddy's work was around $350 and at the time and he added an Ed Brown ambi safety 'cuz I'm a Southpaw, Tripp's was about $200 (shipping included)...shoots like a dream...
Bill

1 - 13 of 13 Posts