1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone who has both a Springfield 1911 in stainless Black and one in stainless post a picture showing the difference?? I cam across the stainless black on their website and it looks cool but having a hard time understanding how it looks in person. I was thinking a comparison pic would help. Thanks.

PS - I was also wondering if there isthat blackish stainless finish is available on any other 1911s springfield or another brand. The loaded SF is a bit out of my reach.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
This probably isn't gonna help...

On the top row, 1st two pistols are stainless loaded models. The next 4 pistols next to it are blackened stainless loaded models.

If you look at a regular stainless pistol envision all the brushed portions coated in a black spray on coating in which Springfield calls "Armorykote".

The finish is, to say the least, distinctive. The sides of the frame and slide are brushed and polished stainless. The stainless becomes highly accented by the matte black oxide finish on the undersides of the frame, underside of the slide, the trigger guard and front strap. The checkered mainspring housing is black as are the slide stop, thumb and grip safeties and the magazine release. Additionally, in an effort to reduce glare, the rear face of the slide, extractor and firing pin stop are blackened as well.

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
black ss TARGET

SS

another BlK SS TACTICAL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts