1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here they are. The new compact Patriots. The pictures are certainly not the best but we never claimed to be photographers. We think that we have everything ironed out but there might be a few minor changes.

- All forged construction
- True 4.25" commander slide and barrel
- SS match grade barrel and bushing
- External extractor
- XS brand night sights standard
- Minimal lasering

The small guy is basically CCO sized, commander slide on an officer frame.

The other gun is a full sized frame but cut for Ed Brown's Bobtail Main Spring housing. We tried this setup on a custom build and liked it so much we called Mr. Brown and asked if we can run these in production.

Will likely ship both guns with Chip McCormick magazines. We are using our own barstock knurled mainspring housing in the CCO. STI carbon trigger and REAL STAINLESS STEEL BEAVERTAILS on both guns. Plus the standard other goodies you have come to expect.

I will try to post more later but for now:

·
Premium Member
20,368 Posts
Any extra charge for the Grand Canyon between the grip safety and the MSH on the compact frame?

·
Registered
534 Posts
AZ Husker said:
Any extra charge for the Grand Canyon between the grip safety and the MSH on the compact frame?
We cut down existing mainspring housings today on the CNC in an effort to get the pictures up. We have housings on the way from Smith and Alexander to check out. I happened to think that wasn't too bad for a last minute effort at something we have never made before.

·
Registered
534 Posts
You know the more I think about that comment the more it bothers me. Bob came to me today and told me, "we really should get those guns polished and lasered today, guys on the web have been e-mailing me about the pictures I promised"

So we get to work on them because he feels guilty he promised pictures. We lack the MSH and so I get our machinist to take an hour to try to cut down an existing piece before he walks out the door. Is it perfect? Nope, but that gun isn't going anywhere either. Not bad for eyeballing it and whipping it off on the way out the door.

We stay late, get them done, take some photos and I post em.

Now I remember why I don't come here more often.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Dangit Husker!

Don't run him off! Phil, I think those two guns look incredible. Are you sticking with the STI trigger? Not that I mind one bit, but I know some of the prototypes used them and the production ones didn't.

You guys are killing me. I just ordered my Patriot today and you're already making me want another one. That bobtail grip is great. Nice work, guys.

·
Registered
560 Posts
geez

interesting post from a company representative...

First off my thought was that Husker's post was kind of critical but then again I don't recall a caption saying that those pistols were not going to be sold, so i figured if that was a production gun to be distributed i'd be a tad critical of that kind of workmanship...

Second your boss made the promise to deliver pictures, maybe he should have not made that promise ?? Sorry he inconvienced his employee's in an effort to satisfy people that will buy his product..

Personally I have great respect for the machinist that had to to "whip" it out as you said...to satisfy his "boss's" request to those same persons paying for his product. Machining to me is like magic..

Frankly i'm appalled that you in your position have actually posted what you did about "now i know why I don't come here anymore" ...

If it wasn't for a lot of the guys that come here you would have a LOT LESS BUISNESS !... Not to mention if you have not figured it out yet, Neither YOU NOR DW will ever be able to please everyone no matter how hard you try... and you do try hard.

Comments like Huskers should roll off you like oil and water...

ok off my box..

Personally I think the pistols are pretty nice.. Would be interesting to see if they come in a blued version and or with an Ambi Safety.. us lefties need some help ya know.

Jeff.

·
Premium Member
20,368 Posts
I just call them like I see them...

I'm glad DW's responding to customer's wish list. Let's not forget that fitting issues are important to most of us. I understand cutting a MSH a little short can happen, but I damn sure wouldn't photograph it when posting the maiden shots of the pistol! I learned along time ago that if you rip out your pants, you shouldn't get up on stage, unless you want to show your @ss!

·
Registered
809 Posts
My Grandpa used to have a saying, something about solid gold chamberpots being cold, I sure wish I could remember how that went. Somehow is just seems to fit right now.

Bob and Phil, I am way beyond impressed with these guns, I literally do not know which one to buy.

If these two do not tie for Handgun of the Year, something is wrong.

As soon as these go into production, my Glock is for sale.

·
Registered
958 Posts
If that Patriot Commander with the Bobtail is as good as the full size Patriot (and I assume that it will be) and it is close to the same price, I will buy one as soon as they hit stores.
I have been waiting for a Commander size and just looking. I like DW and the fact that they go out of their way to listen to customers and I would much rather give my business to them.
The only negative thing I can see coming out of this is that we'll prolly have to wait for magazine articles before we can see any more NEW guns.

Nala

·
Registered
88 Posts
Magnificent!!!!!!
Nice work guys.

These are to be added to my list.

3 questions-

Are these the 10mm's that were discussed in last week's threads?

-and-

What projected date will they become available? If so-

Can we get them factory direct?

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
Bob:
Two thumbs up! Please put me down for one of the CCO's for my personal collection, right now! More than likely, I'll be ordering several more in the near future, as usual.

FWIW, I agree 100% with Phil's second response. There's a difference between constructive criticism and just being a smart-a__! A truly concerned, productive comment might have gone something like..."Hey, Phil, I notice there's quite a gap above the MSH; any way that can be rectified, or is this the final production product?" Just as with the other forums on this board, the dissing behavior here is also considered to be in poor taste. Think you can do it better...show me! If you cannot, I suggest you think twice, and post once. The :mummy: comments are getting old... Sorry for the rant, guys!

Edited for p.p. spelling, as usual.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts