1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a picture of the new shorter light rail SA is putting on the TRP operator next year? Will they change all operators to this size rail?

·
Registered
101 Posts
There's a picture of it on the Springfield website. I stumbled across it. On their website go to the 1911 section.
Click on Custom shop.
Go down to the Custom Operator pistol. The small image is the long rail, but if you click on the blue "image" link it will bring up a picture of the the Custom Op pistol with the short rail. Personally, I think it looks much better.

Dman

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
That shorter rail looks good, but the slide wasn't blended as well as I would have liked. I think the Kimber / Caspian / Wilson looks a little nicer. At the same time, I have a Loaded Operator with the full-length rail. It may be a bit ugly, but all that weight REALLY minimizes muzzle flip. After shooting a standard full-size and then immediately shooting the Operator, I notice a huge difference. There may be no finer duty pistol available?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Received a reply from SA Production Manager today. The short rail Operator is what was submitted to the USMC. A Loaded operator with more features removed than added:
1. Extra attention to Barrel fit.
2. Remove FLGR.
3. Lanyard loop main spring housing.
5. Pachmyer Rubber wrap around grips.
6. Rail shortened
It is not replacing the TRP Operator PC9105L or the Custom shop Operator PC9112 ( available as full rail or shortened rail) but may have factored in the discontinuation of the Mil Spec Operator.
out,
2011BLDR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts