1911Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1004 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
tarateddy said:
He's a picture of my SW1911SC 5 inch and my Kimber Stainless Custom
Just curious....which one do you like the best? Which one is better made? Which one shoots the best? Would make a very interesting comparison.
Texagun

·
Registered
23 Posts
I won"t be able to shoot the 5" 1911SC because it is was prototype and the only one made. It got out of the factory, when it shouldn't have . It's in the safe. I saving to get a 1911PD 5" and I'll compare them when I get the new one.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
tarateddy said:
I won"t be able to shoot the 5" 1911SC because it is was prototype and the only one made. It got out of the factory, when it shouldn't have . It's in the safe. I saving to get a 1911PD 5" and I'll compare them when I get the new one.
I understand, but what good does it do to keep it in the safe for the rest of your life? Nobody else will enjoy it as much as you do. If it were mine, I would already have 500 rounds thru it and I would enjoy it because it is unique. Of course, on the other hand, maybe you could sell it to a S&W collector and buy 2 SC's....now, that appeals to me! :p

·
Registered
114 Posts
Danguard Ace said:
Playing with the new tripod and Photoshop for the first time (I love this!!!)...

I love that fat extractor

·
Registered
114 Posts
Danguard Ace, if you don't mind my asking how much did you pay for that bad boy.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Okay this better work.

·
Registered
125 Posts
finally got pix taken

ok, here it is at the range, little bit dirty, but you get the idea. painted the sights myself, grip safety, thumb safety, slide stop and mag release were all hard chromed by Tripp Research. (they were rusting.) most of the internals have been tweaked/swapped as well, it's got a <4# trigger pull now, and most of the inner surfaces will show my face reflected in them.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
jockeys said:
ok, here it is at the range, little bit dirty, but you get the idea. painted the sights myself, grip safety, thumb safety, slide stop and mag release were all hard chromed by Tripp Research. (they were rusting.) most of the internals have been tweaked/swapped as well, it's got a <4# trigger pull now, and most of the inner surfaces will show my face reflected in them.

Sweet, how much did that hard chroming run you, if you don't mind my asking.

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
He used Photoshop

I had mine polished out. The pictured don't do it justice. It really isn't as shinny as it looks in the pic.

Robert

·
Registered
609 Posts
it's not mine, but this one is from my friend (still waiting for mine)

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
Added a Guncrafter Industries MSH with flush lanyard

I got wrapped up in this thread about adding a flush lanyard. It's a worthwhile addition, IMHO.
Flush with the bottom of the MSH.

View from the rear.

Robert

·
Registered
14 Posts
Tac Four said:
The family:
SW99 .45 ACP____________622 Target
SW99 Compact .40 S&W___SW1911SC
SW40VE_________________686-2 4"
SW9VE__________________36 1 7/8"

1911SC with mods (done for now):
Tac, what sights do you have on the Sc and did you have to mill the slide?

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I put a set of 3rd generation night sights on it that I got from CDNN Investments. The only peculiar thing about them is that the front sight now has a slight gap at the front like the rear sight. That doesn't bother me. No milling required.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Tac Four said:
I put a set of 3rd generation night sights on it that I got from CDNN Investments. The only peculiar thing about them is that the front sight now has a slight gap at the front like the rear sight. That doesn't bother me. No milling required.
Thanks for the reply and for mentioning the gap. Good info.

61 - 80 of 1004 Posts