1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just set one of these up tonight. Seems to work okay. Has anyone used one of these before? It's a piggyback II. Anything to watch for?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I used to have a Piggyback II, I couldn't get it to work right. I bought a Dillon RL550B to compliment my RockChucker single stage and never looked back. If you do not have any problems with the setup, keep it and try to wear it out! If you do have trouble with it, Take a good hard look at Dillons RL550B. Mine is 4 yrs old and could be described as "bulletproof"

------------------
"Always place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark"
Lazarus Long

·
Registered
204 Posts
Originally posted by op2:
I just set one of these up tonight. Seems to work okay. Has anyone used one of these before? It's a piggyback II. Anything to watch for?
I've loaded many thousand .223 rounds on my PB II. It works very well. Watch for the powder measure thumb screw to loosen from time to time. Also, keep the area under the rod that activates the primer system clean to keep it from dislodging during use. Never reverse direction until the machine indexes to the next station to prevent damage to the nylon sleeve that the index rod rides in. All in all, a great upgrade to the Rock Chucker equipped reloader. BTW, RCBS has fantastic customer service!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Guys. I had a little trouble with the primer system but I think this was due to my inexperience. Now that I know what is supposed to happen and how it is supposed to feel everything seems first rate. I'm glad to hear of the many rounds loaded on one. The nylon index bushing seems a bit mickey mouse but works okay. This sure beats the batch method!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts