1911Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
I bought my PCC carbine as Thig said so I can shoot metal at my local club. I allows me to be more proficient with a carbine, there are cheaper to shoot than a 223, the additional weight and features help stay on target for faster follow-up shots, facilitates better accuracy at longer ranges, and they are just fun to shoot.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
As Xhair says above, I bought my PC9 to be able to shoot it at my indoor range (50ft max) added a vortex sight and it’s just fun to shoot. I’ve shot it very accurately out to 100yds which makes the indoor 50ft distance a bit to easy. The only complaint I have is after adding the Glock magazine adapter and buying a couple of 33rd mags it just makes it too easy to burn through a lot of 9mm ammo very quickly ����

As an aside i’m currently considering a Henry big boy in 38/.357 ,,, but then a local dealer has an old M1 Garand that looks pretty great for it’s age,,,,,, decisions,,, decisions...

Personally, I bit surprised that no one has come up with a 1911 in 45-70,,,, that would be a brutal hoot to shoot for sure. Seems only natural.

After shooting my 1886 Springfield 45-70 trapdoor it can be a hard recoil experience even for a 32 1/2” barrel. Gives me great respect for the guy’s back-in-The-day that used to shoot many rounds through them in a war environment. Real men !

·
Registered
253 Posts
Many of these are semi-auto versions of 9mm sub-guns which the average citizen finds it easier to buy and own rather than buying a fully automatic version that may not even be available for civilian sales.

Consider:

CZ EVO Scorpion
HK MP5 (and several other manufacturers of same design)
B&T GHM9 and APC9

etc, etc.

·
Registered
4,654 Posts

As an aside i’m currently considering a Henry big boy in 38/.357 ,,, but then a local dealer has an old M1 Garand that looks pretty great for it’s age,,,,,, decisions,,, decisions...

Grab the Garand!!! ASAP!!!! You can get a Henry anywhere, anytime. A Garand in good condition for a good price..... not so much. :) :) :)

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Many of these are semi-auto versions of 9mm sub-guns which the average citizen finds it easier to buy and own rather than buying a fully automatic version that may not even be available for civilian sales.

Consider:

CZ EVO Scorpion
HK MP5 (and several other manufacturers of same design)
B&T GHM9 and APC9

etc, etc.
Not Being able to afford An H&K MP5 semi auto clone - I discovered the Grand Power "STRIBOG" a SLOVAKIAN knock off the Swiss B&T $2500. Sub gun. They are available from Gun Pro @ base $670. or $800. with folding "BRACE"
I got one from Gun Pro on G.B., after doing my homework, & very pleased.
IMO - It suits a senior citizen as a HOUSE GUN very well - with a red dot, & a laser, + a brace. (9MM HP from a 9" barrel + 30 rounds should cover all eventualities) and not penetrate several neighbors houses - if needed to clear a structure. Then there is the fun factor. It is also compact, & easy to store - Did I mention beautifully made, & 1/3 the price of the Swiss B&T.
Lots of good video reviews on the GEN II STRIBOG to enjoy.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Personally, I bit surprised that no one has come up with a 1911 in 45-70,,,, that would be a brutal hoot to shoot for sure. Seems only natural
One of our gunsmiths up in Alaska shot a .45-70 derringer, as he said, "Once."

He held it out, then thought about what he was holding and moved his head to the side. He said it didn't really hurt much since the gun when flying back past his head and landed several yards back. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Not Being able to afford An H&K MP5 semi auto clone - I discovered the Grand Power "STRIBOG" a SLOVAKIAN knock off the Swiss B&T $2500. Sub gun. They are available from Gun Pro @ base $670. or $800. with folding "BRACE"
I got one from Gun Pro on G.B., after doing my homework, & very pleased.
IMO - It suits a senior citizen as a HOUSE GUN very well - with a red dot, & a laser, + a brace. (9MM HP from a 9" barrel + 30 rounds should cover all eventualities) and not penetrate several neighbors houses - if needed to clear a structure. Then there is the fun factor. It is also compact, & easy to store - Did I mention beautifully made, & 1/3 the price of the Swiss B&T.
Lots of good video reviews on the GEN II STRIBOG to enjoy.
I saw those too. Virtually unobtainable with the brace. Can't find it as a separate part either.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts