1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Pistol Dynamics Comp II Expanded Ignition Set in my TRP today. The parts went in slick as a whistle and improved upon the already very good stock parts. The trigger pull is in the three pound range with a slight amount of creep. The new parts are beautifully machined and the hammer looks good on the gun. The parts are in the white, so I will have to have them blued sometime. As far as the installation I can recommend the parts, but they need to be proven on the range first. :D

·
Banned
1,347 Posts
Pistol Dynamics is first class operation. Paul Liebenberg has been one of the top pistolsmiths on the planet for over 20 years.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Never done it, so I ask...When replacing the ignition system do ya have to refit the thumb safety to the sear? I just fit a Wilson #6B wide thumb safety (awesome fit/finish to my Kimber) to the factory ignition system and wanted to swap it out for the Cylinder & Slide drop in kit sometime in the future. Glad to hear you had luck with your parts!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am no gunsmith- that is a certainty- and my stock SA ambi thumb safety fit the new sear perfectly. I would say one has about an even chance that one would have to adjust the safety with a parts change. For my sake, I am glad it fit well. Any modifications with files, etc, I leave to someone smarter than me.

·
Premium Member
7,058 Posts
The fit of the thumb safety is going to depend primarily on the geometry of the sear. And I'm not speaking of sear primary or secondary angles, but mostly the bottom safety interface surface. And hammer geometry figures in as well.
I'd be leery of any major alteration that resulted in a 'perfect' fit of the original safety. Sure, it happens. But rarely.
:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts