1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone read about the grandma who came face to face with a punk who was attempting to elude the police? Her grandaughter heard glass breaking and noticed things weren't right in a room and she did a room by room search and found the low life hiding in a closet. He then tried to tke the gun from here and she shot him in the leg and then fired another shot and missed. He then ran and was caught a short distance away.

Man I know in the heat of the moment things get crazy and stuff happens fast but how do you miss someone in a closet? He must have been fast!

Or maybe she just wanted to wound him and not kill him. Article said she has a .38 cal revolver. Thats probably why he was able to run away after being shot in the leg, had it been a .45 he most likely would have bled to death from a leg wound.

They whole incident was captured on the telephone by the 911 operator. What is wild is the operator was yelling into the phone telling Grandma to stop shooting!

How many here would have emptied the magazine into him if the punk lunged at them? Not sure what I would have done but I am pretty sure he would have had more than a leg wound.

here is the article and the 911 tape in on AOL so I can't link that.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9982384/

·
Registered
2 Posts
This incident was covered by Charlie Gibson on Good Morning America. He interviewed Granny and portrayed it all to be positive. Great stuff.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Packin' GrandMa

I happened to see the story on one of the morning "news" shows. It did have a seem to have a positive spin on it. The "GrandMa" was 60 years old and seemed in good shape.
At one point she said she shot him in the leg then he ran away. She shot at him again as he ran. Luckily she didn't hit him.
I worry about the repercussions she may suffer from the interview.
I wouldn't talk to anyone except my lawyer about a shooting. I certainly wouldn’t talk to the news. There's too much at stake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts