1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope you guys are able to help me, I wonder if anybody makes an after market rail light rail for 1911 pistols. I'd want to have a light on a pistol but dont have the $$$ for a new gun right now... any suggestions?

Thx for the help...

By the way, a little money on gunsmithing is not a big deal...just cant afford a whole new gun.

· Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,396 Posts
Springfield (makers of an integral rail frame . . .) claim that add-on rails will eventually crack a standard frame. Interesting that the Marines chose to add the Dawson rail to standard Kimber frames, rather than by Kimber's integral-rail frame, and interesting that Wilson Combat would switch from the Caspian integral-rail frame, to adding a rail to their standard frame; what's the truth?

· Registered
190 Posts
LAshooter said:
I hope you guys are able to help me, I wonder if anybody makes an after market rail light rail for 1911 pistols.

Surefire has one that attaches by replacing the slide stop. I don't see it on their website, but I got one last week for T & E. You may want to call them, the model number is MR07.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Light rail

Thank you for all your answers, i was looking at the Dawson rail when i finally talked my wife into letting me get a new gun for X-mas....

Now all i have to decide is whther I want the TRP or the Kimber...hmmm decisions! :hrm:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.