1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a nice indoor range in Belmont, NH on 106. It is called Belmont Firearms and Range. A very nice selection of new guns and a huge selection of rentals including the biggest selection of machine guns for rent I have ever seen. The range is well lit and ventillated. It has 7 lanes I think and they are 25 yards. Went there the other day with a friend and we had a great time. They also have a place in Manchester that used to be Wolf's. If any one knows of any other ranges in NH I would love to hear about them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Belmont Firearms & Range

This is a range under new ownership which is significantly improved in terms of lighting, cleanliness, and maintenance.

This is a great place to shoot!

I expect to find myself visiting quite often as the weather gets colder.

CZ52'

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CZ52GUY I went there with a buddy last Friday around noon and we had the whole place to ourselves. I hope the place is a success because it is just about the only place around and it is nice.

I wish there was an indoor range with 24/7 access through membership in my area. Do you know of any?

·
Registered
76 Posts
PAOLO721

Yeah,

I've been telling everyone I know about the range re-opening.

http://www.gunsnh.com/index.html

The new owner also runs the range in Manchester.

I'm not aware of any clubs which provide round-the-clock member access.

Did they give away the Glock yet?

I'm actually looking for a good outdoor range within easy driving distance of the Lakes Region in NH. Anyone know of any?

Best Wishes,

CZ52'

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check out wheretoshoot.org
they have a bunch of NH ranges listed, most of which I knew nothing about. I go to the Manchester Firing Lines every once in a while, nice staff and a lot of guns to rent. Let us NH'ers know if you find a good place to shoot! :cool:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: PAOLO721

CZ52GUY said:
sssssssshhhhhhhhh! Nobody else needs to know about the drawing.:) They said not too many people are entered.

I don't remember when the drawing was to be held. Soon, I hope. I could use a new Glock.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Too late...

:D I've been blabbing it on every forum I frequent (and I frequent a lot of them).

I'd love a new Glock, but I NEED the range to do well. I think anybody that goes through the door and shoots is going to be impressed.

I'd rather wait in line for a lane than have to drive to Manchester ;) ...and the Glock, well I already got two...

Good luck in the drawing,

CZ52'

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: PAOLO721

CZ52GUY said:
I called them today and the drawing will be held December 6th.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have a buddy in NH who shoots at that range. He just bought his first handgun, a Kahr T-9. The range and shop look sweet. Although, I won't give up an AZ winter for a NH winter anytime soon.

Theo

:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
AZ Winter

I'd take a NH winter over an AZ summer any day:D

Best wishes,

CZ52'

P.S. The drawing is confirmed for December 6th with the choice of an electric bike or a Glock

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: AZ Winter

CZ52GUY said:
P.S. The drawing is confirmed for December 6th with the choice of an electric bike or a Glock
...........and that is for any model Glock of your ( I mean my) choice.
:D

·
Registered
76 Posts
RE: Which Glock?

I asked a few weeks ago and they hadn't confirmed model.

I'll check again next visit.

Talk to you later,

CZ52'

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stasher1 said:
Doesn't Riley's in Hooksett have a range or did they close it?
The range is there, but it is no longer open. It is a shame too, because it was really a state of the art facility. It had great lighting and the air filtration system was superb. It also had a class room for different courses which were taught there. Reason for closing is unknown to me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Shooter's choice...

...for those that are interested, the December 6th Glock given away is "Shooter's Choice".

If I win, I expect I'll be getting a G22, although a G21 has some appeal also.

Best wishes,

CZ52'

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am off that day, so I will be stopping by there then to pick up my prize.:D

BTW I am going up there on Thursday the 20th around noon with a couple of friends. I wish I could get there more often to support the place. I would hate to see it go under. It's the only place around for me. I will try to go there at least twice a month.

Good luck in the drawing! I might go for the model 36. My buddy wants the moped for his wife:rolleyes:

·
Registered
76 Posts
re: PAOLO721

Good luck to you as well in the drawing.

I just got a note from Jim McCloud indicating that he's looking to expand in Manchester.

I'll be giving them as much business as I can too...I am hoping that Manchester may provide some revenue to allow Belmont to grow.

He would like to advertise in our area, but the Monitor isn't inclined to be supportive of his "kind of venue".

I'm thinking Word of Mouth is best bet for now.

I'll probably head in the evening of the 20th to get in some work with my Glocks...

My range report from my 11/15 outing has been posted within this section of the forum.

Have a great week,

CZ52'

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Saturday Dec. 6th

............is the drawing for the Glock. I will be headed up to the Belmont range that day with some of my shooting buddies. Hopefully one of us will take the Glock home. If any of you are going there also that day please stop by and say hello. There will be three of us all shooting at Shoot N' See targets. We plan on getting there at 10:00 a.m.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Good luck!

I'll be heading over there the 7th (hopefully with my new Arcus).

Best Wishes,

CZ52'

1 - 20 of 32 Posts