1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Warrior new from the dealer. After shooting it yesterday for the first time, I noticed during cleaning a pretty large pit in the barrell. At first I thought it was crud, but after an extremely thorough cleaning I poked at it and discovered it to be a pit.

I have a call in to Kimber, and I assume they will take care of it. My question is whether I will need to return the gun to them for "fitting" or maybe they can just send out a new barrell.

Any experience?

·
Registered
400 Posts
I just had s similar problem with my new UCIIe. E-mailed Dennis at Kimber with photos and a description and was told to send the gun back to them. I had it back in two weeks and it looks fine now, but unfortunatley I haven't gotten to the range to shoot yet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Fitting Barrel ?

Stinger1 said:
You should only have to send them the slide to have them fit the barrel to it which would save lots of hassels and money. But if you send it back have your dealer do it so it won't cost you anything.

RC
I doubt if any fitting of barrels takes place at Kimber unless the gun comes from the Custom shop. If they replace a defective barrel, it is a drop-in.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally just had to call Kimber back and found that they want the whole gun back to "fit the barrell and test fire".

I'm sure they'll make it right, but I'm dissapointed that I have to send it back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.