1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it,I ordered a PII from John at ProLoad,he was a real gentleman and a pleasure to deal with.He said the wait would pobably be about 6 weeks.I am looking forward to its arrival,after all the reading here and elsware I believe this will be a great gun for the IDPA and USPSA matches I shoot weekly.I have been competing for years with my Colt and decided it was time for a change. I must admit the Colt has been great and I really don't need this gun but I wanted a change and this gun seems to have it all.I'll give you all an update when it arrives.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Cool

The P II seems to be the first step for most and it just goes on from there!!

:D :cool:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Congratulations! My first 1911 was a Premier-II so I really didn't appreciate the difference between it and a general-production 1911. You'll notice the differences immediately.

I have used mine for local/informal IDPA and USPSA (as well as PPC, Bullseye, and steel matches) and the only thing which bothered me about the P-II were the multitude of sharp edges everywhere... especially the rear sight. It was like handling a bag of broken glass. Everything else about the gun was excellent. After about 9 years or so, I sent it off to Virgil Tripp for some dehorning and hard chrome (and a few minor custom-cosmetic changes). It is my finest 1911 and continues to serve me well as an all-around competition and fun gun.

And the wait begins...

·
Registered
20 Posts
congrats! 6 weeks? you're lucky...i've waited 16 weeks and it's almost here! i agree...john's a great guy to deal with and has lots of stories to tell!

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
nicky said:
I must admit the Colt has been great and I really don't need this gun but I wanted a change and this gun seems to have it all.
"Need" and "want" are two different things, my friend. Have fun during your wait.... :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a call from John last night , somebody apparently dropped their order and my 6 weeks have just become 6 days!This gun was special ordered with a standard ajustable rear sight and front only nightsight. Should have the gun in hand next week,I'll let you know when it comes and give you my impressions.Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
nicky said:
I got a call from John last night , somebody apparently dropped their order and my 6 weeks have just become 6 days!This gun was special ordered with a standard ajustable rear sight and front only nightsight. Should have the gun in hand next week,I'll let you know when it comes and give you my impressions.Thanks!
nicky...john told me about that one! he thought it was mine...but i ordered front & rear night-sights! enjoy!

·
Registered
415 Posts
John is a good dude , Congratulations on getting your new toy.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I called him this afternoon about a TRS, and seeing that it is Friday afternoon, he'll have it to me on Tuesday.

Merry Xmas to me.........

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tunis, a PII with night sights,isn't that pretty much a TRS? Are there other differences aside from the ambi safety?

·
Registered
20 Posts
nicky said:
Tunis, a PII with night sights,isn't that pretty much a TRS? Are there other differences aside from the ambi safety?
almost the same aside from the slim grips, match trigger, rounded edges and fixed night sights. i ordered mine with adjustable night sights...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts