1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used Para Companion, C7.45 about a month ago. I was told it had less than one box of factory ammo fired through it. I've put about 250 rounds of my LSWC reloads through it since I got it. While giving it a thorough cleaning today I noticed what appears to be a plated finish is chipping off of the inside of the barrel bushing and the length of the slide stop rod. Has anyone else noticed this on their pistol? Any explanations as to what is going on? The pistol has functioned totally reliably for me, so I'm wondering if this is just a cosmetic issue or if there's a bigger problem. Any help is appreciated.

Good shooting.....Rod.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
It's a (relatively common) cosmetic thing.

Contact Para if it bothers you.

·
Super Moderator
14,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shane45-1911,

Thanks for the info & advice. :)

Before I had even read your post, Mr. George Wedge of Para-Ordnance PM'd me assuring that it is strictly a cosmetic issue. Mr. Wedge also offered to replace the affected parts.

This quick response and more than fair offer is most impressive. I have no ties to Para-Ordnance other than having purchased one of their pistols, but I wanted to post this so everyone would know the level of Customer Service that P-O apparently has.

Thank you George.

RR

·
Registered
181 Posts
The same un-cosmetic plating flaking occurred on my Para Companion Carry Option. It did not affect functioning, but I was owrried about the flaked off stuff causing problems by getting under the extractor, etc. I called P-O and they send me new parts that were finished somewhat differently. No flaking since then (about 5 months ago).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts