1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a local shop today and brought home a Colt Combat Commander in 9MM. It is a series 70 or at least the ser # is 70BS359XX. The Colt also came with a Colt Commander slide assembly in 45ACP. When I tried to mount the 45 slide, the slide would not come back far enough to engage the slide stop. It appears the barrel bushing is too long. It supposedly was sold or traded with both slides. The Commander and both slides are in 98% condition. The whole package was $950, and I have 30 days to decide if I want to keep it. What should I do. The shop owner already knows my problem and has said he would work with me or return my $. Thanks

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
The Commander barrel bushing is indeed a bit shorter than the government model. I'd make sure you have, or get, a commander bushing and also check to see the recoil spring is commander length and not GM. The Commander recoil spring is 24 coils, the GM is 32.
$950 sounds a bit steep to me.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help. The commander slide that came with the 9mm is marked:

Commander COLT Automatic
Model Caliber .45

The barrel is marked Colt .45 Auto. Apparently it came with the wrong barrel bushing. It also has adjustable rear sights that are marked Micro on the right side. What would this slide be worth? Also what is he cost of a barrel bushing? Thanks again

[This message has been edited by westendg (edited 09-23-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts