1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to think of a good compact 9mm for my wife. I don't want it to be mouse gun size but it ought not be full size either. She has somewhat small hands and has generally done better with single stack designs. But, i don't want to limit myself to single stack... yet.

Please add to my list

-Glock 19
-USPc 9mm
-P99
-P7M8 (have one for myself but probably too much $$ for another)
-Beretta 92 single stack (what's this called?)
-Something in a CZ?
-Sig 228/229 in 9mm
-Sig 239

I've been leaning towards either the P99 or glock 19. I like the customized backstrap option on the P99 and i like the fact that I could probably get a glock 19 used for a good price.

Of course, i will not make this decision for her. Just trying to narrow the field.

·
Registered
953 Posts
The Taurus Millenium 109.

Kahr has one

The IMI Baby Eagle is a good compact that is often overlooked.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I don't have a problem with guns of any size. I own the full size 92FS with rubber wrap around grips and love it -- also have two Beretta compacts type M. The Ms are more slender and fire eight rounds -- an all around great gun. The type L compacts are a little fatter and hold ten -- but for that I decided on sticking with the type M and getting the full size 92FS....

Laura

·
Registered
504 Posts
Beretta 92FS Compact double stack
Beretta 92FS Compact M - single stack

Also by Beretta is the Cougar 8000 series in 9mm, .357, .40 and .45......I gotta have one of these! The rotating barrel is an interesting feature.

·
Registered
497 Posts
when i want to carry a 9mm i carry a s&w cs9. it is light, relatively small, and concealable for me. has never malfunctioned. i've tried to make it malfunction but it just won't. goes good in a smartcarry for a long, hot day at the fair, air show, or outside activity.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
The Kahr PM9 is not quite mousegun size, but close. It is lightweight, great trigger and very accurate. If you want to go slightly bigger the P9 is just the ticket and if you don't like polymer guns (though these Kahrs are great) you can get the same guns with steel frames...

H

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Browning Hi Power

Extreme slim slide assembely.

hi cap 9mm

I carry mine all the time, no discomfort at all, it is small and slim enough to carry in the front of your levi's.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I would recomend the Beretta Vertec. The Vertec is a model 92 with a totally redesigned grip that is much smaller than thr original yet still accepts standard model 92 magazines. An excellent gun for people with small hands and with pre-ban mags holds 15 rounds of 9mikemike

·
Registered
687 Posts
Here's my vote, my favorite potent pistol; Sig 239, 9mm. Small enough, 9 rounds should be plenty, very ergonomic, fits most hands, good trigger.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts