1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are a buyer of a $100 Singer. You have a great pistol. But the story is it was given as a gift from a war veteran. Please return it if your reading through this site. This mans wife sold it by mistake and the story was related by one M1991A1.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
That still blows my mind thinking of it! I saw my fellow delivery driver the other day and told him about this site and all the talk about Singers. He would love to have had that guy return this Singer to him. But like I said, when he contacted the guy and they agreed to meet so he could get it back, the guy never showed, this was back in the late '70s I think. Man what a crock! He wants it back more for the fact that it was his late father's issue pistol during WWII and Korea. But he does know of its value at the same time. I doubt the guy would ever return it, at least not for what he got it for, around $100 or less I think he said. Thats a women for ya, "just take it and get that awful gun away from me!" No offence to any lady posters here. But I know alot of people, men and women, like this. No clue as to what the value is.

Let me ask you guys this question though....If you were the guy who got this Singer for this price, under these circumstances, would you have met my friend to return it? I must say it would be a hard decision to make, probably depends on whether or not I knew the person....or if he could find me!!

------------------
"They all fall to hardball!"

[This message has been edited by M1991A1 (edited 01-06-2001).]

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I thought it was a touching story. Thats why I posted on it. I read through this section before and I usually look at the one I can relate to or disagree to and then scroll to bottom to respond. I really feel stupid if I look through again and i'm repeating something similar. I know it would'nt change this guys mind. But why not try. To many dishonest or dishonorable people in the world. I think I would return it. Unless the guy was rude or pushy. In which case I might or might not. Its just ashame that happened. I do know I would'nt ask to be charged more for one that was inexpensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts