1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is SS and marked Conbat Target Model. It resembles a Gold Cup in that it has GC sights and a wide trigger. The trigger pull feels a bit better than most colts I have shot resently. The slide feels slick but is not particularly tight but the gun is accurate at 1" groups @25M all day long.

I just bought it used but I have never seen one before and don't know anything about this model.

·
Banned
5,947 Posts
Colt CTM.......Introduced in 1996, Black matte finish or matte stainless finish; Colt Accro adjustable sight; Commander Hammer, Rubber wraparound checkered grips with silver medallion; Flat slide top; Forward slanted cocking serrations (like Gold Cup); Model number O8120E (Matte black); O8020E (Matte Stainless).

Kind of a cross between a budget Gold Cup and a "loaded" 1991 model.

Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
599 Posts
Sam said it all. :D I have the matte black. Trigger is the Gold Cup
style except with no overtravel adjustment screw. It was made for just the one year IIRC.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only made one year? Could this become the lastest must have collecable item for the oh so fashionable I paid 450 $ for it was I ripped

·
Registered
599 Posts
As with a lot of Colts the Combat Target was produced in small numbers. At the time I bought mine ($568) the Gold Cup was a mere 100 or so dollars more, so I guess the GC's were more desireable to those that wanted a"target" pistol. $450 sounds
like a sweet deal to me.:D Since that last pic, mine now has an
Ed Brown magwell and Ahrends Gaboon Ebony grips.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts