1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is not the correct thread but thought it would get more answers here.

I want to strip all the blue of my 1911. I found an old post about it but it just gave cleaners that do it.

Ok what do I do exactly. Do I let it soak then wipe it off with a rag? Is there something special I should do? How far down should the gun be taken apart? Should it be completely stripped down?

Figure it for an absolutte newbie (cuz its the truth) Thanks for all the help in advance!

------------------
The defensive firearm is a special-purpose piece of safety rescue equipment, designed to extricate a person . . . from the immediate threat of savagely violent crime. It is like the fire extinguisher. . . . Neither piece of equipment will do you any good if you don't know how to use it or are not psychologically prepared to face danger with that gear in your trained hands in a terror situation.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Just follow the directions on the package. It is not a big process at all.

BTW: What are you going to do when all the blue is off?

Oh, and strip it all the way down.

[This message has been edited by ehenz (edited 08-10-2001).]

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ehenz I am going to try to pakerize it
http://www.1911forum.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000388.html

------------------
The defensive firearm is a special-purpose piece of safety rescue equipment, designed to extricate a person . . . from the immediate threat of savagely violent crime. It is like the fire extinguisher. . . . Neither piece of equipment will do you any good if you don't know how to use it or are not psychologically prepared to face danger with that gear in your trained hands in a terror situation.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Lupey you may find the answers on my website. I've done what you are talking about and I posted lots of pictures. Maybe it'll give you something to help visualize the process. here's a link:
http://www.roderuscustom.tzo.com

Look at the August 8th and 9th details, that's the section that I did the parkerizing in.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Lupey, sounds good. I think I might try it too///correction, I think I will talk my brother into trying it with his 1927.

Keep us updated as to how well this method works. Moreover, how much it costs.

Thanks, ehenz

·
Registered
400 Posts
Birchwood Casey blue and rust remover, Wal Mart $3.40 a bottle, will do several guns, wear rubber gloves and follow instructions on bottle, piece of cake. Slide and frame will have to be gutted but it don't take a genius to put it back together.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I will let you all know how it is going. I only wish that I had a digital camera or a scanner to post progress pics. I will let you know how Lupeys' Excellent Adventure goes LOL. Will be a first time for me attempting something like this so wish me luck!

------------------

1 - 8 of 8 Posts