1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I'm bitten by the DW bug I happened to come across a PM 7 in desert tan. The site states that this is a Teflon coating is that the same as the Valor's coating? Better worse or doesn't matter? The price is right as it states the gun has a small blemish and if it's still available I may pull the trigger.

any input would be welcomed.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
The teflon coating is NOT the same as the cerecote on the Valor and CCO. If the particular piece you've found is the same I was looking at, I was disappointed that the trigger was regular aluminum as opposed to black teflon to match the other minor parts on the pistol as shown in the 2009 catalog and CZ site. No clue why the variance but to my eye it spoiled the "black and tan" theme.

·
Banned
290 Posts
Now that I'm bitten by the DW bug I happened to come across a PM 7 in desert tan. The site states that this is a Teflon coating is that the same as the Valor's coating? Better worse or doesn't matter? The price is right as it states the gun has a small blemish and if it's still available I may pull the trigger.

any input would be welcomed.

DON'T DO IT!!! Let me know where the seller is, I will pick it up and let you know :rock:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DON'T DO IT!!! Let me know where the seller is, I will pick it up and let you know :rock:
Sorry done deal I just couldn't pass up on the price!!!!!:rock::rock:

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Sorry done deal I just couldn't pass up on the price!!!!!:rock::rock:
From K. Hamerman in FL, right? Just curious if indeed this was the same pistol.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
From K. Hamerman in FL, right? Just curious if indeed this was the same pistol.
Yes it is, he said it is a blem but said he can't see it and as I will more than likely use this gun for competition it's going see a lot of wear so between the price & the fact that already has a small blem I won't feel as bad the first time I ding it.

I was going to hold out for a Valor (may still) but I just couldn't pass up the $600 savings on this gun. That will buy a decent amount of ammo, some new grips from Sarge (don't like the black ones) and a holster.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Congrats on what sounds to be a killer deal! If memory serves, that will be only the second desert tan PM7 to come through this forum, I'll be interested in seeing how the coating holds up.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats on what sounds to be a killer deal! If memory serves, that will be only the second desert tan PM7 to come through this forum, I'll be interested in seeing how the coating holds up.
I'll keep everyone posted, according to the CZ site it's a Teflon finish so we'll see. I know I have 2 CZ with their black pollycote and so far it's held up very well with only a few wear marks on the de-cocker and at the edge of the slide.

Worst case i have to get her refinished in a year or so.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll keep everyone posted, according to the CZ site it's a Teflon finish so we'll see. I know I have 2 CZ with their black pollycote and so far it's held up very well with only a few wear marks on the de-cocker and at the edge of the slide.

Worst case i have to get her refinished in a year or so.

This my first time buying a firearm online so I was a littler scared but the seller called me and seems like a decent guy.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
but I just couldn't pass up the $600 savings on this gun.
Congratulations. MRSP is $1269. I think you may have meant a > $300 savings and not $600. Then again if he dropped the price significantly in the past few days and you snagged it for under $700 you got a STEAL!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congratulations. MRSP is $1269. I think you may have meant a > $300 savings and not $600. Then again if he dropped the price significantly in the past few days and you snagged it for under $700 you got a STEAL!
No you're right it's a $300 savings between the new one. I meant it was about a $600 savings Vs. the last price I saw on a Valor and I figure that $600 can go a long way. Perhaps some time I'll pick up the Valor if the money is right and they don;t go up to $1800. I don't think I could justify paying that for a gun given the current economy.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Sounds like a nice pistol. Local shop here had a PM7 in Desert Tan a while back. I didn't know such a thing existed until I saw it for myself. I'm more partial to the stainless or ceramic models, but that's definitely a unique finish.

Congrats!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm more partial to the stainless or ceramic models, but that's definitely a unique finish.

Congrats!
Me too in 1911's at least. Every other pistol I own is finished in a black finish in one form or another. I look at most of my other pistols as tools some very nice tools but a SS 1911 with nice grips almost seems like a work of art in an industrial sort of way. I can't really explain it.

I've never been a me too type that wants to have the same thing everyone else does. I guess that's why I like this gun it's just a little different I've seen 3 or 4 Valors at my LGS as well as numerous CBOB's, Marksmen & Heritage's but I've never seen one of the PM7's in tan. That being said I do not like the black (plastic I'm assuming) grips so i think I'll be heading on over to Sarge's site once I pick her up for some new unique grips.

·
Banned
30 Posts
Honestly, nothing uglier than a desert tan DW anything - I hope the price you paid makes up for the looks, one of my distributors has 14 PM in 10mm they can't give away :biglaugh:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Honestly, nothing uglier than a desert tan DW anything - I hope the price you paid makes up for the looks, one of my distributors has 14 PM in 10mm they can't give away :biglaugh:
Hey, Hey. Hey, insulting a man's new gun is kinda like insulting his wife :biglaugh::biglaugh:. Seriously I do agree it ain't the best looking DW out there but it is unique and I've had a habit of picking things that are not just the same old same old.

The true beauty will be in how it shoots & since I did get it at a good price I figure it will be an easier sell to the wife when I angle to pick up another one. I figure it will go something like this, "Honey since I saved a decent amount on that tan PM7 I bought I've been looking at getting a ______ DW so in reality it will be almost like getting 2 for the price of one (this is considering the cost of the Valor) and you know me I just can't pass up a deal that good".

·
Banned
30 Posts
Valor is a waste of money unless your a competitive shooter and even then I can think of a few better choices for the money S&W 945 performance (one that comes to mind) -

But people seem to like to buy them because their hard to get, and then they can say they have one, all the while it sits on a stand in their gun safe cause their to scared to take it out and shoot it for fear they might smudge it up - :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
Valor is a waste of money unless your a competitive shooter and even then I can think of a few better choices for the money S&W 945 performance (one that comes to mind) -

But people seem to like to buy them because their hard to get, and then they can say they have one, all the while it sits on a stand in their gun safe cause their to scared to take it out and shoot it for fear they might smudge it up - :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
Yep, and I am SOOOOOOOO glad that I wasted my money on one. It is so much fun to shoot at the Steel Matches. Get's lot's of comments too. Not a smudge yet - 'cept for the power residue and oil dripping from it!! :D

·
Banned
30 Posts
If I'm shooting matches - Dollar for dollar, I'd rather have the S&W 945 Performance .45acp or the SIG X-Five Competition in .40S&W -

For the money much more accurate and fine tuned pistols. I had a Valor and sold it, was not impressed for the money that I spent. At least I was able to find someone like you who had to have one and overpaid me for it so I made a few bucks more than what it cost me -:biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Troll alert

morningjoe,

Are you enjoying yourself here? Seems like you have nothing good to say about DW which begs the question of why you're posting here. Many of us have several brands of 45acp weapons and aside from some good natured ribbing of Mimber er Kimber owners, we all seem to respect each others' choices.

You, on the other hand, seem to want to spit vitriol at DW owners specifically. Given the extremely low contribution factor of your posts, why not take yourself and your trolling motor elsewhere? Mmmmmm?????

1 - 20 of 44 Posts