1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
13,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you received a pm from member name "arpuff" do not reply . He has been banned on several forums for sending pm's trying to separate members from their money offering to sell them whatever item they have recently posted in the forum WTB classifieds .

Hi,

I can help you out with a lead. Please contact Bob on [email protected] regarding your request. He is located in Sacramento , CA 93011 and the last time i talked to him, he had for sale. I purchased items from him in the past and they arrived in TOP condition. His cell 916-292-6139.

Thanks
Here's the message he used on another firearm forum .
Hi,

I can help you out with a lead. Please contact Mike on [email protected] regarding your request. He is located in Sacramento , CA 93011 and the last time i talked to him, he had for sale. I purchased items from him in the past and they arrived in TOP condition. His cell 916-292-6139

Thanks

·
Administrator
13,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a reminder . This guy is still out there . He's been surfacing on several gun forums .

Same story , saw your wtb ad , my buddy has exactly what you're looking for . He'll supply a phone number and usually gmail .

·
Administrator
13,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scam ALERT / UPDATE

An alert member notified us that this guy is at it again .

If you received this pm , disregard . It's a scam .

Hi Freedom101,

I can help you with a lead regarding your request. Please contact Michael on [email protected] regarding your request. He is located in California and can arrange shipping. He is trusted .

Thanks

·
Administrator
13,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Administrator
13,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another one .

Do Not Send Money to ...

Posted by: hkpt
Original Content:
Quote:
Hello,i have one available for sale,email me for pictures and more details.

[email protected]

·
Administrator
13,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
PM scam alert

cpk9250 , cpak121 and YBG45 have been banned .

If he pm'd you with an offer to sell , we recommend NOT responding or sending money . All are using @protonmail so beware .

Thank you to our alert membership for reporting unusual activity .

·
Administrator
10,859 Posts
Another scammer reported - d3k7

d3k7 has been banned. His MO was to respond to WTB, and use pictures found on the net.

·
Administrator
868 Posts
Thank you!
I have banned @protonmail in the backend.
No users will be able to create an account under that email address.
Keep us posted on this.

Ed

·
Administrator
13,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ALERT/Warning remains in effect for the Classifieds .

Continue to beware of PM's from new members responding to Classified WTB ads and telling you "I can get it" or "Contact xxxx , he has it " and then an email address . They most likely have 0 post history or maybe a handful of meaningless replies .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts