1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I previously posted that my new Pointman 7 won't chamber some handloads that are "by the book". The problem appears to be that the rifling starts almost immediately forward of the chamber. Bullets that don't begin to taper right at the cartridge case mouth hit the lands preventing chambering. Seating bullets deeper solves the problem.

I thought it might be my handloads, but I bought some Magtech Golden Guardian factory JHP's and they won't chamber either (by about .025"). Magtech FMJ's will chamber properly, because they begin to taper at the case mouth whereas the JHP's don't.

I am mucho disappointed to say the least. In order to correct the chamber dimensions, will I need to return the entire pistol or just the barrel? Anybody else have this problem?

TIA,
Paul

·
Registered
844 Posts
Paul, This is the first I have heard of this one. Are you taper crimping your reloads? Give us a call and we will help you out.

Thanks
Bob
DWF
607-336-1174

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob,
Thanks for the reply. Yes my handloads are taper crimped (Lee Carbide Factory Crimp die). More to the point, I took a factory Magtech JHP and painted the bullet with a Magic Marker. I pressed the cartridge into the chamber as far as it would go (about .025 short of chambering fully). Imprints of the six lands appear distinctly on the bullet.

Thanks again, I will call.
Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts