1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like American Eagle and Sellier & Bellot 230 gr. FMJ, but haven't given PMC a try yet. What do you all think of PMC's 230 gr. FMJ/hardball?

Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
PMC is "OK" as far as "OK" goes.

Muzzel Velocity appropriate for caliber, FMJ does what you want it to.

But it is a B... to clean. Residue seems to get very "gummy"... Although eventually comes clean, but using much more time than others I have used.

Gave up using PMC and have reied mainly on FIOCCHI for FMJ.

·
Registered
19 Posts
PMC shot fine in my Glock 21, but just
wouldn't get along w/my Wilson 1911, the
KZ45. Wilson said that the PMC fmj's just
didn't have the right overall length and
could cause jams. Wilson doesn't guarantee
reliability with PMC.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I needed a few boxes of ammo fast a couple weeks ago and wound up with some 230 grn PMC. It cycled perfectly through my S70 Gov'mnt and had all the accuracy I needed (keeping in mind I went through all of it while shooting at 7 yards).

Clean-up was a bit of a chore; the feed ramp had a particulary stubborn spot but some extra elbow grease applied via a toothbrush eventually got it off.

Push comes to shove, I prefer the S&B I usually get but wouldn't shy away from PMC in a pinch.

FWIW,

Steve G.

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
I personally prefer WinClean ammo, but the PMC seems decent for my Kimber Govt. I haven't noticed any extra cleaning necessary, but even if I go and shoot one mag full I'll come home and clean my guns. (some call me anal, I call it maintenance)

·
Registered
690 Posts
I've shot loads of it with no problems. It's great cheap ammo if bought in bulk.
But of course you get what you pay for. If Federal or Win cost the same I guess I'd probably shoot them.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
My Wilson Protector doesn't like PMC ball very much, either. Seems to FTF every now & then. Of course, it could be the two old Wilson magazines I had, too - one of which self-destructed when I snapped it into the gun during a reload at an IDPA match. Seems the plastic base pad lips snapped off. Guess i'll go with the metal basepads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts