1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,

Have you checked the disparity of point of impact between slugs and buckshot? With some gun/load combinations this can be severe at 20 - 25 yards. More so if a higher sight line is used than a bead or vent rib. What gun/load combinations in your experience have a comonality of point of impact at 25 or more yards?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
My M590A1 with ghost rings shoots most 2 3/4 inch slugs (Brenneke, Winchester, Remington) and most 2 3/4 inch 00 9 pellet buck (Federal Premium, Remington) to the same place.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I agree with K1500. My Benelli M1 shoots Buckshot and slugs to the same POI as long as I keep my head in the same position.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Buckshot patterns and has no singular POI. My Mossberg 500 persuader shoots slugs and buckshot close enough that I don't worry about it. Something else to consider - you can change your buckshot pattern with a choke, and if you don't go too tight you can still use slugs.

·
Registered
11,105 Posts
BillL223 said:
I agree with K1500. My Benelli M1 shoots Buckshot and slugs to the same POI as long as I keep my head in the same position.
Is that because the payload weights are nearly identical?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Payload doesn't have anything to do with it. Velocity differences could show up on target at longer distances. I've never chroned Buck but I'd estimate it at about 1200-1250 fps. Low recoil slugs are also about that velocity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts