1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are you making out without an ambidextrous thumb safety. Have you found a way to activate it with your left hand ? Have you added an ambi-safety ? How is it working out for you ?

Or is irrelevant because you do not carry or do not employ it as a defensive weopen?

Newbang

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
I'm a lefty and have a .45 CBOB without an ambi safety. Just got an Ed Brown stainless tactical ambi safety. I'll install it this coming week. I will carry my CBOB as well as my Glock 23 for my daily carry weapon.

Congrats on the Pointman!

·
Banned
290 Posts
I am lefty and carry my CBOB .45 without ambi-safety, I have no problems engaging and disengaging the safety with the index finger. I would rather to adapt myself to the gun, than add things to it that might fail to function properly when a situation arises. I do think about the ambi-safety once in a while, but still am reluctant.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am lefty and carry my CBOB .45 without ambi-safety, I have no problems engaging and disengaging the safety with the index finger. I would rather to adapt myself to the gun, than add things to it that might fail to function properly when a situation arises. I do think about the ambi-safety once in a while, but still am reluctant.
Yes I understand

Newbang

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm a lefty and have a .45 CBOB without an ambi safety. Just got an Ed Brown stainless tactical ambi safety. I'll install it this coming week. I will carry my CBOB as well as my Glock 23 for my daily carry weapon.

Congrats on the Pointman!
Thanks I can't wait for it to arrive

Newbang

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Am I correct that it is only the new safety which needs filing to fit and that the gun remains unchanged. Thus one can change back to original safety when/if desired. If so this will be a tipping point for me in favor of an Ed Brown stainless tactical ambidextrous safety

Link to install ambi safety

http://firearmresource.com/?p=178

perhaps Keith or others can comment on wether this will work for a DW.

PS

Grip modification not necessary ?

thanks
Newbang

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Correct. Even if you change sear and other parts, you fit the safety to them, not the other way.

·
Premium Member
6,672 Posts
You will need to have grips that are compatible.

If there is a little cutout on the right grip panel you will be good to go.

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts