1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the differences between these two in .45 acp? I've been looking for info to read and what not while waiting to pick up my PM-7s and I've seen articles and reviews of the Patriot. The only difference I've seen on a quick glance is the internal extractor on the Pointman vs. external on the Patriot. Anything else? Any reason this was discontinued?

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Have you checked the stickies at the top of the page. If not they are a good resource. Even an old brochure. The Patriot was the top gun at the time.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Snagglepuss said:
Have you checked the stickies at the top of the page. If not they are a good resource. Even an old brochure. The Patriot was the top gun at the time.
I did mostly Google searches and scoured the CZ-USA website. Nothing on the Patriot at all. I can't believe an owner's manual isn't even available for the Pointman on their website.

I'll check out the stickies. I think this forum is the only place I didn't look.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, well, the Pointman Seven isn't listed so it still doesn't tell me how the two compare...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Dave, Can you help us all out here. "Patriot Proofed" etc. I just don't think I can answer like you can.

Snag

·
Registered
400 Posts
I believe at that time the Pointman series had cast frames and forged slides while the Patriot series were all forged. The Patriots were also supposed to be proofed to 1.5" @ 50' and came with the target.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I couldn't see any difference just marketing terms changeing maybe

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
Deya go. Original Patriot was the flagship of the DW line, sporting forged slide and frame, and proofed at the factory. Most of mine shoot right at 1.0" - 1.5" at 25yds.

Patriot name subsequently used to describe the complete line of external extractor guns, including the 5" PTE and PTM guns, the 4.25" Commanders, the Patriot CCO, and later, the Commander Bobtails, while the external guns were called the 'Pointman' line. The full-size Patriot has been retired for some time, and is now, essentially, the PM-7, which really stands for "Pointman Model Seven".

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Was there a point in time when the Pointman and the Patriot were both available at the same time?

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
Absolutely. The PM-7 was originally named the Pointman Model Seven, and has been around for several years. It is now simply the only 5" gun in 45acp, as the other models were retired by the order of CZ-USA.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting. I've kind of been thrown in the deep end with Dan Wesson/CZ history. The looming purchase of the PM-7 was somewhat spur of the moment on a good price. I've always heard good things about them, but never knew much about the history.

I suppose the retiring of the other models caused a bit of frustration for DW fans?

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
jtkratzer said:
I suppose the retiring of the other models caused a bit of frustration for DW fans?
Probably a very fair statement.

BTW, the original model gun was marked the "Model Seven", while the new version is the "PM7". Therefore, one can tell which is which at a glance.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Dave Severns said:
Probably a very fair statement.

BTW, the original model gun was marked the "Model Seven", while the new version is the "PM7". Therefore, one can tell which is which at a glance.
Hello Dave, is there any way for me to tell if my Patriot CBOB has a forged or cast frame? SN is P42XX, left side of slide also says PT-C.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
OK, thank you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts