1911Forum banner

Polymer Charles Daly M5

1384 4
I just bought the M5 Saturday, shot it yesterday, I had second thoughts because of the negative press on some Daly products but went ahead when I field stripped the pistol. Seemed very well made with an awesome barrel. It shot great right out of the box, no FTFs or FTEs, sights were dead on. Does anyone have any experience with this pistol?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,285 Posts
Not with the M5

I've heard many more good reviews than bad about the M5. As the owner of two Charles Daly's and a Springer, I honestly think that the biggest complaints about the "philipino beer cans" (even though the M5 is made in Israel) come from folks who regret spending a grand when all they wanted was a little accuracy and a lot of reliability to start with.

· Registered
256 Posts
The bad Daly's are not the M5's by Bull, but the Armscor's imports that they assembled here. IIRC, Daly's haven't made anything only imported and distributed.

This months American Rifleman had a great review of the M5, awesome accuracy. I was very impressed.

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Polymer Charles Daly

I'm in total agreement with these responces. The pistol is a great value, not a Phillipino Beer Can in any respect, very well made, no break in required, shoots dead on right from the box. Seems to be identical to the Kimber.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.