1911Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
152 Posts
hdm25 said:
Ended up with the BLS-9 unable to EVER function effectively so the people at STI were going to tool up and build a new one for me. That was a little extreme PLUS I was turned off by the BLS-9 by now, anyway, so Chris and I worked out a deal for a Ranger II in 9mm to be pulled from inventory and sent my way. Having only recently moved to Texas, it was a couple of weeks before I could pick it up from the dealer (waiting on a drivers license). Finally got to the range this morning and, with trepidation, I started shooting....

I've always heard that 9mm Commanders were sweet guns but I had no real idea! I LOVE this Ranger II! Although everything started out bad and very frustrating, I've ended up satisfied in my dealings with STI and will most likely buy from them again.

Thanks to this thread my next gun WILL be an STI.

At first I was fearful they would be like so many other manufacturers, but this proves the opposite. Thanks for your story, Ill be giving brazo's a call in a few days!

· Registered
334 Posts
On the other hand, the LS9 I own and which is my wife's all time favorite "teeny, weeny, meanie" has been dead reliable. Since the only difference (according to STI) between the BLS and LS is the length of the grip, and as I have several friends who have bought the LS and like it, I am wondering if when they switched over from the BLS to the LS series, STI altered something in the set up or specs?

As for the last post, given my experience with Bob and Brazos, and the way EVERY gun he has sold me has been 100% reliable, I can't agree more with the "if you want to buy STI, go Brazos" theory. Dave

· Registered
53 Posts
Bluecard said:
I've always had positive experiences with STI as well. Dave Skinner and especially the sales staff John and Laurie could not have been easier or more of a pleasure to deal with. With the exception of the smoke filled haze in their offices, I have been beyond pleased with STI. Note: I understand that the offices were never intended to be open to the public but good Lord, vent the smoke before the sprinklers go off!! :rofl:
+1 - they've always taken care of business for me.

· Registered
235 Posts
I bought an STI Trojan in .40 S&W.
It needed a little massaging out of the box.
Any questions I've had,someone at STI would talk to me.
Sure,I wish the guns would be perfect out of the box,but we're talking .40
and 1911.Sometimes a little tweaking is needed.
I really like this pistol and I like STI's service.
The gun is built well with quality parts.
I'm not parting with this one and I'll probably end up getting a Trojan in .45

· Registered
57 Posts
I recently bought an LS-9 and have had horrible feed problems with it. I called and have received excellent customer service. After describing the problem to them they wanted to see if a different recoil system would solve the problem and sent it to me -- UPS just delivered it. I'm not sure if this will fix the problem but I have full confidence that they will make good on this gun.

Now that they have a BLS back in inventory -- I might just see about grabbing that one too! (The grip on the LS is just a little too short for my liking).

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.