1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
There is the famous Magna Port company. Other than that, my gunsmith does a pretty good job.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
I have had 3 semi autos ported by MagnaPort and can HIGHLY recommend them. Their work is second to none, plus they are nice people to deal with. I am sure there are others that do good work, but these folks I know about.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I wanted to buy a Springfield 6" Longslide V16 ported, but they are discontinued. I can still get a 6" longslide, but not with factory porting.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Then you would need both bbl and slide ported. You can do what I did and buy just the regular Longlide (loaded or Trophy Match) and have a compensated bbl fitted to it. Better than a V-16 because you don't have gas coming thru the ports and "blacking" out your front site. Change back to the stock bbl and you have your regular gun. Better velocity and a better set-up IMHO. I got my comped bbl from Storm Lake. Then sent it to SA to be fitted so it wouldn't void my warranty. First mag of my reloads I shot thru it went into one hole at 50' and it's not like I make match grade ammo. Tracy

·
Registered
56 Posts
GT40DOC said:
I have had 3 semi autos ported by MagnaPort and can HIGHLY recommend them. Their work is second to none, plus they are nice people to deal with. I am sure there are others that do good work, but these folks I know about.
I am thinking of letting them port my TRP. Do you have any pics you can post of their work?

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
If you don't go the same route I went, Then I would strongly recommend the Magna Port route. Their type and placement of ports don't 'Blacken" the front site. It will still fit whatever holster you choose. Only downside would be if you chose to compete with it, It would put you in an "open" class not stock. That's one of the plusses going at like I did. I have many times competed in both classes by taking both bbls and switching during the different comps. Tracy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts