1911Forum banner

Possible Gold Cup Trigger Question

743 6
I recently purchased a trigger advertised as an original Colt Gold Cup trigger. I certainly looks like one with the slot and the overtravel adjustment being of the correct variety. Problem is, the shoe is much wider than what is on my Delta Gold Cup or Gold Cup Trophy. It will fit neither of the frames nor will it go in a Stainless Caspian frame that I have put back for a rainy day. Two questions: Was there a previously produced gold cup that had a wider shoe? and if not, JUST WHAT THE HECK DID I PURCHASE:scratch::scratch::scratch:

The width of the shoe is approximately .33" wide.....
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok, I just got my camera back from the shop. Here is the trigger that I purcahsed next to a Nowlin 3-hole that fits all my other frames. When I questioned the individual that I purchased the trigger from, he indicated that it was a new trigger that had to be fitted. I have never experienced a trigger that would require this much fitting. Just how wide is your wide trigger Eric? This one is going to require a large amount of material be removed or a frame modification.

I know that AMT Javelina 10mm Longslide guns and some of the Hardballers had this type of trigger. What are the chances that this fits a Javelina?

· Registered
367 Posts
according to kings, their standard triggers are .243" wide(6.1mm) and the Gold Cup triggers are .345" wide(8.7mm) I measured mine, and came up with .348" My gun is a series 70 Gold Cup. I do not have much experience with the newer models. I just added a Kings trigger to mine, so if you need my origional, and it meets spec, it is up for grabs.... Most of the fitting that needs to be done should be on the top and bottom of the trigger. It will not fit the Caspian without seriously grinding it down. Only the Gold Cups have the wide trigger. I am prety sure that both old and new Cups have the same trigger size, but some of the newer ones have a 3 hole style instead of the big slot. If the nowlin fits all of your frames, then I am concerned about wheather you actually have Gold Cups.....:scratch: A Gold Cup trigger should be the same width as the trigger guard... I would check my serial numbers to see if someone didn't put different slides on.....:scratch:

· Premium Member
12,095 Posts
Ericthenorse said:
... If the nowlin fits all of your frames, then I am concerned about wheather you actually have Gold Cups.....:scratch: A Gold Cup trigger should be the same width as the trigger guard... I would check my serial numbers to see if someone didn't put different slides on.....:scratch:
What he said!!!! Sounds like "you got took." :mad:

· Registered
367 Posts
If it doesn't work out, I will buy the trigger from you to offset your loss... Whoever sold it to you was right, it is a Gold Cup trigger. So at least he didn't rip you off...:rock:

· Registered
23,953 Posts
Ah, you are in the Twilight Zone of advertising and confusing model names. A Gold Cup is not a Delta Gold Cup is not a Gold Cup Trophy. A plain vanilla Gold Cup trigger is wider and has been since introduction in 1957. The other variants take standard width triggers, as you have found out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.