1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Possible Kimber purchase - advice please.

I looked at a Kimber Stainless Target II in 9 mm yesterday. Always wanted a 1911 in 9mm again and have been looking for one for a pretty long time now. Just from fumbling around with it in the store, I was pretty impressed with fit and finish. I am thinking about trading my Para 14-45 Ltd in for it, but of course it will depend on what kind of deal I can can work out.
I have some experiences with several 1911s (Colt, Para, Norinco, Llama, etc) but I have never owned a Kimber. I just browsed through this forum and learned the differences between Series I and Series II, which I had no clue before about, before I got here.

Anyhow, my question is: Is there anything about this model I should be aware off, that would make me not do that deal? Known problems? The gun comes with only 1 magazine, will the standard Colt 9mm fit? How do Kimbers hold up in the long run?

Any helpful suggestions appreciated. And yes, I really want it in 9mm, I have plenty pf 45s already. Thanks!

Edited for typo.

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
Hi Neighbor! Everyone I've talked to loves their Kimber 9mm. Don't worry about the Series-II stories, they never MADE a 9mm before! Get it and enjoy it!
Tracy

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
HogRider,

I have one of the Stainless Target IIs in 9mm and it has been an absolute joy. I've had no problems at all, whether shooting CCI B;azer 115 FMJs, or my own handloads.

K'n'G'

Owning 1911s in nothing but .45ACP is like eating nothing but vanilla. Now, vanilla's not all bad, but I also really like chocolate, strawberry and butter pecan. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts