1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well got the urge for a new gun. I am going to handle them tomorrow and need some advice. First up is a new Valor with duty treatment for 1899. Is this a good price? Also looking at a STI Lawman 5.0 for 1299. I have a Dan Wesson PTE-S and love it. Can I get some opinions on these to guns?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I have a Black Valor and a friend that I shoot with has an STI Trojan. I prefer the Valor. Both are good guns though. We both have RZ-10's and I believe he's commented that he likes his 10 better too.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Price is definitely a bit high...they can be had cheaper if you look around. 4 months ago I paid $1600 brand new at my LGS.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have never seen a new Valor with duty finish for $1600. It's possible I suppose but I'd like to see where you could buy one for that. The price quoted by the op seems about what the current market is at although you might be able to do a little better. I bought a new stainless last summer for $1500 and that seemed like a good price at the time. The duty finish guns are a few hundred more than stainless. No experience with the STI.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have never seen a new Valor with duty finish for $1600. It's possible I suppose but I'd like to see where you could buy one for that.
I just looked and it was actually $1619 brand new at Whittikers in Ky. You are more than welcome to come look at it! :D

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Wow ... $1900 bucks. I paid a hair under $1500 but it's been close enough to 2 years now. Thankfully, I'm leaning toward a VBob in stainless ... IF I do decide to buy one. Even then, I'm not sure I can justify the price. DW's are great guns, I own two. But, prices are getting out of my "comfort" zone and I don't expect they will be coming down.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Dan Wesson prices have been going up. I checked at my LGS (who normally have good prices) what it would cost to order the duty finish V-bob and they said $1999 and no guarantee on pricing since it wouldn't come in until next year!!! I want a V-bob but not that bad!

·
Registered
5 Posts
there's no reason to pay $1900 for a Valor/black. I got mine on Gunbroker last week for $1660. There were 4 or 5 others in the $1700-$1800 range. A little patience and willingness to purchase online is all it will take to score a sub-$1700 Valor duty treated.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Dan Wesson prices have been going up. I checked at my LGS (who normally have good prices) what it would cost to order the duty finish V-bob and they said $1999 and no guarantee on pricing since it wouldn't come in until next year!!! I want a V-bob but not that bad!
LGS has (had) a duty Finish VBob for $1849 yesterday...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry, been very busy lately but here is the update. After holding the Valor and the Lawman, I prefer the Valor. Next place I went had a Baer Premier II. That gun really felt good in my hand but the dealer was way too high on the price. After Christmas I will have the chance to shoot both when I go back to Indiana and will base my decision on that. If the Baer comes out on top then a call to CJ will be in order to get one without FCS and a few other things. So... that's were I stand now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts