1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm gettin' a gun for Christmas. (Bought it myself, for work) I'm gonna need more than the one mag that comes with the gun. If there is anyone who would organize another group buy right after Christmas/New Year's, I'd be interested in 5 of the FBI mags.

Anybody up to the task?

Anyone who wants mags, add on below.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yep I would be up to a group buy of 4 or 5!

·
Registered
259 Posts
oh yeah!

Put me down for four...

As for who may organize it:
Calling Round Rock, Texas... Stacey, your phone's ringin', are you up to it???

Garry

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I'd buy 2.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm curious how the group buy works... would we have to buy such-and-such of the same type of mag to get the group discount there, or is it by total number of mags ordered, regardless of model/type?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Total ordered, regardless of model #. Once we reach 40, they're pretty cheap. If you go to Metalform's website, you can see what the price would be for your mags once we hit 40.

Lots of people jumping on the bandwagon, but no one's taken the bait to organize it, yet! :scratch:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hmm, for those 40+ quantity prices, I'd probably get 3-4, at least. 45-797B, probably.

What's the deal with the FBI mags? No pic and there isn't any info on MF's website.

I heard that the spring is supposed to be a bit stronger, any other real difference?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The FBI mags are "specially designed for reliability". This comes from Springfield's website which has Metalform produce their magazines. I don't know exactly what it is about them. I guess you could email Deb at Springfield, or just email Metalform.

Hell, since we're talkin' about it, I'll send emails and find out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know that the FBI was initially using Wilson mags but had some problems so they switched to the Metalforms... I read some pro-Wilson propaganda that failed to mention the switch and just said that the FBI had picked Wilson mags. ;-)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm out. I waited as long as I could, but I needed some mags for a January shoot. Since no one has stepped forward to organize it, I had to order some Wilson mags. I'll have to get in on the next one.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts