1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting wilson or chip 10 round mags for concealed carry. Might load an 8 rounder in the gun and 2 10's on the belt. Please post some pics of the 10's in the gun and possibly a mag carrier on belt.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Here's my Wilson 10 rounder. I don't carry it, don't see a reason to. I do keep it in my car though and use it for range visits.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
I thought about doing the same but also haven't made up my mind. I'm not sure the extra rounds would make that much difference. I do have one though, as you can see.

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm not sure the extra rounds would make that much difference.
84B20, I'm using your quote, but I mean no disrespect. Please allow me this:

If extra rounds don't "make that much difference" then why carry extra magazines? If one feels comfortable carrying extra rounds via a 10 round magazine or better yet extra magazines, I say have at it. Better to have and not need then to need and not have.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
84B20, I'm using your quote, but I mean no disrespect. Please allow me this:

If extra rounds don't "make that much difference" then why carry extra magazines? If one feels comfortable carrying extra rounds via a 10 round magazine or better yet extra magazines, I say have at it. Better to have and not need then to need and not have.
No disrespect taken. I guess I didn't make myself clear. What I meant to say was, for me, the extra 4 rounds compared to the discomfort I feel with the extra length of the mags cutting into my side wasn't worth it. As many have said on this and other boards the likelihood of needing more than a few rounds in a firefight is pretty slim. Having additional mag as backup in case of failure is another thing.

·
Registered
377 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Off duty I usually carry my agency issued sidearm and 2 mags of 13, but when I carry my 1911, I carry 8+1 and a 10 rd clip (sometimes 2) on my belt.

Better to have them and not need them, then to need them and wish I'd had them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts