1911Forum banner

4961 - 4980 of 5023 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Wow Hawkeye that is definitely my style. Very nice and more traditional looking 1911. What type of finish is that?...... Really classy looking.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Nighthawk calls it smoked nitride.
It has a similar look to brownells oxpho after its been carried a while. Nice looking finish nighthawk is useing. Would be great on rifles and revolvers ..... get the nice aged look but still have impressive durability.

I am not a fan of painting guns...makes them look cheap. Hopefully things like nitride catch on more. Nice finish.... keeps the grain in the steel visible.... Good stuff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks Hawkeye. I have to agree, I think that is a stunning Colt. My request was because many of the posts (pictures) I have seen show very light rollmarks on the left side. The right side seems to be much sharper. Never have handled one, do they look better in hand? That concern is the only thing keeping me from taking the plunge.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Thanks Hawkeye. I have to agree, I think that is a stunning Colt. My request was because many of the posts (pictures) I have seen show very light rollmarks on the left side. The right side seems to be much sharper. Never have handled one, do they look better in hand? That concern is the only thing keeping me from taking the plunge.
It looks light because well it is light. If I were going to have a bitch about this pistol that would be my only one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
COLT COMBAT COMMANDER, 9mm, born: 1976
-new finish

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
A rare bird, this is a Gunsite GSP2000, in God's Caliber as are all my 1911s.

4961 - 4980 of 5023 Posts