1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 434 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's see your fixed blade collections (and/or individual knives). The folders are already well represented on this sub-forum, it's time for some fixed blade love.:biglaugh:

I'll start with my modest collection.

Top- Pilot's Survival Knife
Bottom- Benchmade 730 (before someone points out the obvious, I know it's a folder:biglaugh:. It is my ONLY folder and this is my entire collection so I couldn't leave it out)
Left to right- M1905E1 bayonet, Strider DB-L, Strider D9 Mod10 (x2), Strider SA, Glock Field Knife

Now for the close-ups;
This M1905E1 began life as a 16" blade bayonet manufactured in 1911 (a good year) by Rock Island Arsenal. Originally designated M1905, and issued for the M1903 Springfield, in 1943 is was cut down to a 10" blade for use with the M1 Garand and re-designated the M1905E1. The bayonets are easy to distinguish from the M1 bayonet due to the fuller running all the way to the end of the blade:

This USAF Pilot's Survival Knife holds sentimental value for me because it was the first knife I bought, as a kid. The sheath in the photo did not come with it. It is a modern, MOLLE compatible survival vest pouch:

Nothing but Striders:

As you can tell, I like the D9 Mod 10. It is my favorite blade Strider makes:

If the world came to an end, this is the blade I'd grab. It holds sentimental value as being the first high-end knife I ever bought. I also like it for it's personality...I put the cord-wrap handle on myself (it originally came green). It's not as smooth or as tight as from the factory but it's got my personal effort put into it:

OK, so those are my current fixed blades. Let's see some more.:rock:

·
Registered
641 Posts
BoulderTroll,
What a nice collection you have! :)
Great high quality pics, which I enjoy a lot too.:rock:
Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Edited out my reply as I missed the last posts. Guess I better go take some pics of my very modest and small collection of fixed blades.

Here's a couple to start. My filet knife made bt Nick Allen;

A little Damascus I bought for 15.00 on one of the gun forums. No idea of maker. Had the necker sheath made for it.

I have a few more but need to get some decent pics taken...

·
Registered
1,959 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mad Dog ATAK 2 (I ended up trading this for a sterile Charlie Ochs Black Knife)

Tim Wuethrich customs patterned after original Viet Nam era SOG bowies.

The leather sheaths are just as nice...

My EDC Chris Reeve Sebbie and the Ochs Black Knife

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
A few favorites...

3 boot knives. An old G96, a Western and a Gerber Command I. Excuse the shaky pic.

An old patch knife made by a friend..

Dawson Elk Skinner.

Spyderco Moran clip point skinner. Weighs only a few ounces.

And an older Schrade drop point hunter 154OT a handy little blade.

tipoc

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Here's a few more...

A Fighter and Small Skinner from our very own Valkman (I'm sure he's cringing at these crappy pictures I'm taking... :D )

A Damascus, not sure of origin. Little dust on the blade. They're not all users.... :)

A little Case XX...

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
A few of mine...

O'Neill custom...

Morris custom...

Marble Expert...I found this one with 1/4 inch broken off the tip and no handle material. I reprofiled the tip and added the cholla handle...

EK Commando...

AG Russell on the left and a Hattori (NOT Junglee) on the right...

Gerber Flayer...

Graves Pocket Bowie

·
Registered
23 Posts
only 1 i have. folded tanto, nothing fancy, but it works. i would like a folded forged katana. but a 1911 is next on the list.

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
jdraizor,
What a nice collection you have!
I am hunting Paul's hatchet :) I want it DC or even better yet in satin (not sure if these were made).

Here is is what get used the most :) -my Fehrman PM pictured today just for looks :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Elk Ridge Hunting knife, EK double edged fighting knife, Cold Steel Magnum Tanto II, Cold Steel Recon Scout, Sog Sogtech, Cold Steel SRK, Dive knife. I have various other fixed blades, mostly fillet/hunting knives.

0916101903-00.jpg

0916101903-01.jpg

0916101903-03.jpg

1 - 20 of 434 Posts