1911Forum banner

421 - 440 of 462 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Two Ed Kalfayan "Art Knives"

Collector's Firearms in Houston has quite the variety of firearms; and they also have a decent collection of custom knives.

Ed Kalfayan, sadly is no longer with us. He was quite a talented Knife Maker from Michigan. Despite making beautiful and functional knives he never quite received the recognition that he should have.

Both of these knives were purchased from Collector's Firearms; the dagger with the scrimshaw and engraving (both by Joe Rundell one of the best engravers in the US) was the first one I bought; when I started to watch the knife the original list price was $1K+. Every 3-4 months they dropped the price until it must have been close to their break even price point; I made an offer and they accepted it. The Persian Dagger's price was being lowered like the other knife and when it got to a point where I liked the price I made an offer which was also accepted. I think that I paid about $1,000.00 less then their true value!

They are big knives but I really like them!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
237 Posts
The Gunny's specs. were: 3/16" steel, Nice wood handle, Cut thru a one inch tree in one swipe, Fight off a tiger in the jungle if needed. R.I.P. R. Lee Ermey

Attachments

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Nothing fancy. I've always felt that a knife has a certain psychological effect on people. Therefor if I had to pull out a blade, I chose this one. And if I had to use it for physical effect, I am comfortable that this could get inside someone with blade to spare.
knife1.jpg

·
Registered
340 Posts
Favourite larger blade: Hisshou

·
Registered
340 Posts
Favourite smaller blade and most carried: the "Bacon Maker" designed for and by myself. (Pre Lanyard & belt loop attachment)
Princely Micro Sabre.jpg

·
Registered
109 Posts
Here are a few of mine. From the left, Buck 119 in brown micarta, Busse TGLB, Olamic in damascus, and a Bark
River. The Olamic and Bark River are my wife's.

421 - 440 of 462 Posts