1911Forum banner

61 - 80 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
TC, I've not experienced the issue myself. If you log out, you're saying that the threads are visible. Do you know for a fact then that when you log back in the threads are inaccessbile?

If you can verify that you can replicate the issue at will, have you / can you try clearing your browser cache, and would you use another browser such as the Edge browser? Also, have you tried using the new Brave browser? I understand that it blocks a lot of unncessary scripts and also spyware. My point is, I wonder what a fresh, new browser would do.

If it's what it sounds like, I'm thinking there's a tie in with either cookie data or browser caching.

Just my 2 cents..

·
Super Moderator
14,613 Posts
This is a wide-spread, ongoing, perplexing problem for this Forum. It seemed to start August 16. The IT people have been working on it but, so far, unable to find a fix. Because it is so widespread among our members, the thinking is that it's not any particular browser, cache, or cookies problem. It's a Forum problem.

The problem is the same for all members (and some moderators/administrators). When logged in they cannot read any posts. When not logged in, they can read the posts, but cannot post themselves.

Again, the VB IT staff is working on it. It's apparently a tough nut to crack.

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
I can only view posts while logged-in if I use my Android device. Windows and Apple devices are a no-go, as I cannot see any posts inside threads (while logged-in) when using Chrome, IE or Safari browsers.

Come on, I.T., lets get this resolved.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Posting blind because I can't see the thread logged in... something kind of interesting... I can actually toggle thread visibility by clicking the log out button .. which shows me everything... then clicking the "log in" button which hides everything. I had been using 2 browsers before one logged in that had never logged in. Now I can just click log out if i want to read stuff then log in when I want to post. Interesting.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Posts Don’t Show

I haven’t been able to read a post for over a week. When I click on a thread,
I only get the reply screen. I’ve requested help twice, but no answer. I’ve just asked for the third time. Does anyone know how to get an answer from a moderator?

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Knock knock is anybody there? :confused:

I'm rather worried for our 1911 forum.
After at least eleven days our 1911 forum isn't working yet.

Since last July I asked several times to please replace my present user name with my real full name Sergio Natali, but nothing has been done so far. :scratch:

At this point I start to wonder maybe they want to close this site? :bawling:

I feel pretty upset and disappointed, but I still hope for the best.

Sergio

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
I understand technology flaws but as a longtime financial supporter this is getting old. I wonder if the tail is wagging the dog or the dog is wagging the tail. Very disappointed and wondering where my support is money goes.:confused:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Any updates on the site problem?

It's been weeks now that I've been unable to see threads while logged in. Any progress on a fix?

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Fixed?

Thank you!

But if we may ask - what was the problem???

·
Super Moderator
14,047 Posts
A few folks that were affected by this seem to be reporting that their problem has been fixed this morning. Are you still having this problem?

61 - 80 of 123 Posts