1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all: My books are too old to list Power Pistol.

I'm curious about data for both 10mm and .40 with 180 gr. bullets.

Can anyone help?

Thanks-

·
Registered
139 Posts
Here’s what my books have. Let me know if you can’t read something and I’ll try again. Speer #14 and Lyman #49.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mdell, they don't list starting loads. Their Web available data is close to useless. I don't know why they bothered.

nikerett, thank you very much. That's perfect. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am starting median loads with Autocomp on 10mm this week, per Hodgdon starts about 7.2 and max to 8 -check a burn rate graph and see where your powder falls

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Mdell, they don't list starting loads. Their Web available data is close to useless. I don't know why they bothered.

nikerett, thank you very much. That's perfect. I really appreciate it.
Reduce by 10% for a starting load...that's standard where one charge is listed like it is here but surprised that they don't specifically say that in their footnotes. Work up from there. I agree it's a little vague but it's usable data.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Reduce by 10% for a starting load...that's standard where one charge is listed like it is here but surprised that they don't specifically say that in their footnotes. Work up from there. I agree it's a little vague but it's usable data.
Thank You Viper, that is the customary practice. Also a good idea if someone suggest a load that was safe in their firearm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts