1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed the small cross symbol inside the circle with the "DW" on their pre CZ 1911? I don't recall seeing that on the newer ones, but I haven't looked at one since I noticed this on mine.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First we dropped the cross and then we dropped the logo all together.
Hi Keith,

Thanks for your personal reply! I'm curious about why DW used a cross in the first place. Is or was the company run or founded by a strong Christian and why was it dropped? I'm shocked they've dropped the DW logo too. That is a beautiful logo! How sad. :(

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
My '05 post CZ cbob. I believe this was made during the transition.
When I first got it:
[URL="
[/URL]
And now(from the other side)
[URL="
[/URL]
Ryan

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
If you look carefully at Ryan's bottom photo, you will see a tiny cross immediately below the upper-most of the 13 stars surrounding the Minuteman. Whether or not one agreed with the philosophy, Christianity formed a strong foundation for the early DW 1911s. My buddy Bob Serva, indeed a strong Christian, did not hold back in representing (tastefully, I think) what he believed!

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
What Dave said.

You can see the tiny cross in the logo on the slide of RZ-25 just in front of the hammer.

I had several conversations with Bob and found him to be an honest man and very proud of the product he was producing at DW.

One of our conversations led to this Razorback CCO

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Clyde,

That presentation case was a gift from Bob Serva. He knew why I wanted the RZ-25 with my Badge number and when the gun showed up it was in the case.

One of the few times ol Iggy was plumb speechless.

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Clyde,

That presentation case was a gift from Bob Serva. He knew why I wanted the RZ-25 with my Badge number and when the gun showed up it was in the case.

One of the few times ol Iggy was plumb speechless.
Iggy IMO Sir, anyone who is or was a LEO Deserves that plus some.
I always felt LEO never got paid enough for what they did day in day out.

Clyde

·
Premium Member
6,672 Posts
Iggy,

I remember that logo,:) and more.

I hope you haven't worn those two out yet.

Bob

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
If you look carefully at Ryan's bottom photo, you will see a tiny cross immediately below the upper-most of the 13 stars surrounding the Minuteman. Whether or not one agreed with the philosophy, Christianity formed a strong foundation for the early DW 1911s. My buddy Bob Serva, indeed a strong Christian, did not hold back in representing (tastefully, I think) what he believed!
Ok...I'll try again. Why did a man of such strong convictions allow the cross to be taken off the gun?:confused:

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
He did not take it off. When he sold the company to CZ, they evidently did not want to continue the practice. CZ's company to do what they wished, not his.

Bob's "Conviction" is unquestionable, believe me.

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
He did not take it off. When he sold the company to CZ, they evidently did not want to continue the practice. CZ's company to do what they wished, not his.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
He did not take it off.
I can attest to this statement. It is one (of very many) reasons I started doing business with Bob. We share a common belief, and I knew instantly he was a man of his word. Not to mention his products are top notch!

Wes

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.