1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a line on a used Pointman Aussie stainless. One link I found from 2004 has a dealer selling the gun for $659 new, MSRP $849. Not being made any more there is a premium for some who are collecting or particularly value the Pre-CZ over current models.

What would be a reasonable asking price for one in excellent condition, 400 rounds with all the goodies, box, papers and so on, one DW magazine? Obviously one easy answer is "whatever you're willing to pay", however, I'm looking for something closer to its reasonable value with some node to the premium of a Pre-CZ gun.

·
Registered
34 Posts
PRE-CZ Aussie

Has the gun had 400 rounds fired through it or does it come with 400 rounds of ammo? I paid $550.00 in 2004 for my Aussie and consider this a bargain. I especially like the Clark style target rib on top of the slide. Since I am a collector I would probably pay more than the average person. I think a price of $650 to $750 would not be out of line to get one of these fine pistols but that's just me. My Aussie is one of my favorite pistols in my collection. Hope you can get it for a reasonable price but remember that the Pre-CZ guns only come up for sale once in a great while. It may be quite some time before another one becomes available. Good hunting.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pointman Aussie

The sellers wants $825. I'm not sure if that includes shipping or not. Initially he was posting it for $900. This seems steep to me considering shipping may not be included in the price.

The question is the premium for a Pre-CZ gun. Admittedly they do not come up for sale often. For some people that will be worth more than for others. I guess we'll see how this developes.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has the gun had 400 rounds fired through it or does it come with 400 rounds of ammo?
It has had 400 rounds fired through it according to the seller. The pictures look very good but it's hard to tell. Then there is the trust thing as I don't know this guy from Adam's house cat.

So, many considerations! :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
i purchased one on gb 2 years ago for 600 used and a nib one 4 years ago for 750.i know the prices are rising bit considering what a new heritage sells for id say the buyer is high.
check out the big onling auctions for what somthing compairible runs
pete

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
I got mine in 2008 for $700 locally. It is the Aussie Blued model made in 2005.
See if you can't Christian him down some.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Price of Pre-CZ Aussie

Well, that's what I thought, that it was a bit high. I told him, for now, that I would pass. We'll see if he comes back with a lower offer. Apart from the "they-don't-make-these-anymore-and-it's-a-fantastic-DW" premium, the gun sold NIB in 2004 for around $650 or perhaps less in some cases. Adjusting for inflation you might mark it up to $775 perhaps, NIB.

I guess the bottom line is that it's just not worth $825 to me. Perhaps it might be to someone else and maybe it might be to me at some other time. However, right now, it's not. I also think I would end up paying $65+ for shipping as he lives across the country. I know you can ship for less with a USPS Flat Rate box but that would have to come from an FFL.

Anyway, we'll see. I doubt he will come down to $650 but I might be surprised. For now I'll save my pennies.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Well, that's what I thought, that it was a bit high. I told him, for now, that I would pass. We'll see if he comes back with a lower offer. Apart from the "they-don't-make-these-anymore-and-it's-a-fantastic-DW" premium, the gun sold NIB in 2004 for around $650 or perhaps less in some cases. Adjusting for inflation you might mark it up to $775 perhaps, NIB.

I guess the bottom line is that it's just not worth $825 to me. Perhaps it might be to someone else and maybe it might be to me at some other time. However, right now, it's not. I also think I would end up paying $65+ for shipping as he lives across the country. I know you can ship for less with a USPS Flat Rate box but that would have to come from an FFL.

Anyway, we'll see. I doubt he will come down to $650 but I might be surprised. For now I'll save my pennies.
Just give him your offer, who know what will happen as many people need Christmas money. Any one else find the best time to buy mid to high end items is Feb or March? Guess the CC payments are coming in and they figured out how much they spent.

·
Hold my beer & watch this
5,570 Posts
Mine was sold on GB for $600 but I expected it to go higher. That's ok, I don't mind giving a deal to a board bro. But I think if you really want it, $750 might be the high end of fair. I personally wouldn't pay over $800, but someone who really wants a DW and can't afford the 1k+ for the new ones might jump right on it and be pleased as punch.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
Mine was sold on GB for $600 but I expected it to go higher. That's ok, I don't mind giving a deal to a board bro.
thanks 2ta i love the aussie it has been a wonderful addition to my dw stable.as a matter of fact it is one of my most used guns.

thanks for breakin it in for me
pete

·
Hold my beer & watch this
5,570 Posts
I'm glad it went to a good home. Of all the guns I've sold, that's the only one I have a little seller's regret about.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I heard back from the seller

He swears it's a Patriot Match. However, the designation on the side of the gun in the pictures is PMA-10. Based on Dave Severns post that is a Pointman Aussie. The seller believes that the Pointman Aussie never came with a barrel marked "Match" and adjustable sights or the Clark style target rib on the top. Although in Dave's post all of these are in the discription of the PMA.

There really wasn't any convincing him so I didn't try. I just mentioned the information. He will have to represent the gun as he sees fit.

Anyway, he wanted $925 shipped for the gun which is way beyond my price range for that gun. He has it listed elsewhere for sale at $825 locally without shipping. It's too rich for my blood.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
you are correct in all of your assumptions,there is no way i'd pay that when you can get a new(dw) one for the same price.over the years i've scored a few in the sub 600 range
pete

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
but a pointman aussie in 10mm is likely the equivelent of a dw sportsman now.and you can get a new one for 1250 on gb(1125 for blems).when i posted i assumed it was a 45,like dave posted the 10's are far more rare.
to me having the warrenty,fiber front sight,checkered frontstrap and no fcs make the sportsman a better value
pete

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That gun was a Poinyman Aussie in 10mm. Very rare. The PMA is basically an older version of the new, $1000 RZ-45. It would be a great buy for $800-850 or so!
Was and still is a Pointman Aussie in 10mm! :) As far as I know it's still for sale.

Well essentially he was selling the gun for $825 and $100 shipping. If you happen to live in Alaska you could get if for $825. I'll be glad to put anyone interested in contact with him. I'm sure he'd be pleased to sell the gun. However, I'd suggest you not try to tell him it's not a Patriot, just buy it and be happy.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That gun was a Poinyman Aussie in 10mm. Very rare. The PMA is basically an older version of the new, $1000 RZ-45. It would be a great buy for $800-850 or so!
Would that be $800 to $850 shipped do you mean? Because he is selling it for $825 plus shipping. I expect he could have it shipped for less than $100 if he ships from his FFL.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts