1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am looking at a Custom that I found at GA. Here is the link. http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976353103.htm
Wanted advice as what to ask about the gun, or if there is anything that I can do to be sure it'll be good without seeing it. I understand that I will be paying for it first and an FFL will have to receive it for me. Is it just see what happens when I get it kind of a thing? The price is pretty low and because of that, I was thinking that I can't really go wrong. Any tips on how to proceed?

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
That price is good. Ask as many questions as you can. Why does the slide's finish differ from the frame? Previous owner (s)? Round count? Better pics/different angles/close ups. Ensure three day inspection period.

Ask as many ?'s as you can. That way, if the deal goes South, you won't be able to blame yourself.

Be well!

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
The first tip is you will have to move out of California if you want to buy this gun. It is not on the California approved list and cannot be imported into the state. The only way to buy a pre-Series 2 Kimber in Kali is via a PPT from another California resident in a face-to-face deal.

·
Premium Member
20,432 Posts
That's a great deal on a great pistol. It's got the early trigger that many of us look for. If you can get it past the border guards, you'll have a nice gun!

·
Registered
70 Posts
BKC45ACP said:
Hi all. I am looking at a Custom that I found at GA. Here is the link. http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976353103.htm
Wanted advice as what to ask about the gun, or if there is anything that I can do to be sure it'll be good without seeing it. I understand that I will be paying for it first and an FFL will have to receive it for me. Is it just see what happens when I get it kind of a thing? The price is pretty low and because of that, I was thinking that I can't really go wrong. Any tips on how to proceed?
If the price sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Remember, even if you get an assurance of a three day inspection, how do you know he will honor it? Even if he does, you have spent what ever your FFL charges you, plus postage to send it back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts