1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally posted in the Springfield Armory forum, but it was suggested I post here as Vintage 1911. Any info on what to look for, what pictures I should post so that you experts out there can guide me in the right direction.

"Just inherited a real beauty. At least 85%, fantastic wood grips, checkered correctly, serial 104XXX. I am figuring about late 1915 manufacture, what should I insure it for? Lanyard rings on MSH and magazine bottom. Any comments would be helpful; will post pictures when I get the time to do so."

I'd welcome any info you all can lend, would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Accurate comments can be made after you post a few photos. Springfields are a particular 1911 inwhich their parts can be somewhat distinguished between theirs and Colts (or UMC). Most if not all of the small parts were stamped with the Springfield "S" on their backside. Also, please include photos of the magazine and barrel stampings. Springfield part values are typically higher in value so we can't assume from what you stated that everything is correct until we have seen it. These two parts (magazine & barrel) alone could be worth $800 and on the flip side deduct from the pistol's value if they aren't correct. From what you have stated it sounds as if you have a good looking pistol............can't wait to see what you have.........post some photos man!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts