1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a source of .45 parts that is very reasonable in terms of price. Example: extractors are $6.95 etc. The only thing is that the parts, with the exception of "round" parts that are turned from bar stock, are precision cast and made here in the US. Are precision cast parts any good? Is it worth spending extra or is the cast stuff acceptable. I have an RIA full size and want to get some spare parts, but not if they are not worth buying. Can anyone help me with this problem. The company is .45GunParts from California. Anyone know anything about them? Thanks, Handlebar aka Mike:confused:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I bought some stuff from 45gunparts.com. Things like a recoil spring guide and GI plug were OK, but the disconnector I bought was PURE CRAP! It was so soft the sear spring wore a groove in it and caused the pistol to fail. I would not buy any critical parts from them (extractor, andy fire control parts, etc.)

You get what you pay for!!!

Just my $.02

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,444 Posts
I bought six or eight parts from them, just to kind of test the water, and found just what GrandmasterB did; the recoil spring plug was usable, but the disconnector, and even the springs, looked bad. When a part, like an extractor, of known high quality costs $20-$25, I wouldn't trust one that costs $6.95.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
I agree with Rick and GMB.....

"Precision casting" means nothing if the medium that is being cast is jello.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you have solved my problem. I will buy from CMC, Brown or Wilson, probably Brown. Thanks for the info on the cast parts. I won't waste my money.:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Don't order ANYTHING from them! A friend found their sight, was impressed (suckered) by the prices and ordered all the internals for a project-the extractor could be bent in half with finger pressure, the grip screws were a different thread from the bushings, and so on...

They did give him a refund when he sent it ALL BACK!

Byrd

·
Registered
378 Posts
Add Caspian to the list of good people to buy from. Their prices are often cheaper than Brown or Wilson and some of their parts are even better (best firing pin stop I've found).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts