1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had experience with a "Precision Bullet"? This thing is a lead bullet with a black polymer coating on it. The advertisement is to drill a small hole in the base of the bullet then heat the thing with a torch until the lead comes out. The coating stays put. The coating has a graphite feel about it and seems to stain the fingers after handling the bullets awhile. These things are made by a guy named David Long out of Texas. Anyone have any feedback on these? Thanks
op2

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Several of the folks that I shoot IPSC and IDPA with use these. They claim that there is a lot less leading in their barrels, and there is noticeably less smoke when shooting these as compared to cast lead.

I'm about to try some after my current supply of lead bullet runs out.

------------------
Byron Simpson

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've used them and I actually like them a lot. Less smoke than others I have tried and I like the beveled base. Only problem is shipping kills me on the cost. I think it's a very good bullet.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yes I have tried them and will buy them again. Good alternative to jacketed, less smoke. DC

------------------
front sight is good, front sight is good!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I will try a box and see how they pan out. I travel to the great state of Texas every so often and saw these bullets on my last trip. The guy at the range in Tyler, Lock and Load, made the claim that these bullets coated the bore and made his pistol shoot tighter groups. He had them for $22/500 for 9mm. He didn't have any .45 in stock but should have by the time I get back there. Thanks again.
op2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts