1911Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just thought you guys would like to see this.
John Harrison of Precision Gunworks converted this 625 from 5" to IDPA legal 4" barrel length.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Very nice looking piece indeed. Nice wood in the grips too. Hogues?

It's probably a sweet shooter too, isn't it?

·
Super Moderator
13,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cathbad:
I shot the revolver when it was a 5" gun, and it was sweet then. I'm sure I'll get to shoot it next time I see John at our IDPA match. I'm sure he'll post a report soon.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Ah, come on Joe. Can't you do better than that? I was hoping you would go as high as the Daly and that neato Lorcin with the dot sight and compensator left over from your IPSC days.

Cathbad, those are Houges. Been thinking about trying a set of "Jerry's" next. I had a set of Spegel "boot grips" on it, but they were just too short.
Thanks for the kind words

John

[This message has been edited by Precision Gunworks (edited 06-27-2001).]

·
Super Moderator
13,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey JoeD:
I heard the Glock Twins didn't cut you any slack. You deserved it.

------------------
"If she can cook chicken, she suits me to a T."
Ray Charles

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I should also add that now that this puppy is back together, I have had the chance to do some practice draws with the cool kydex holster that Mike Benedict of Talon Tactical made for me. I was using a Kramer that Dillon sells when the gun was a 5". It really taxed my agility to get the gun drawn. Had to do a lot of shoulder hiking. Mike's holster (which rides slightly lower on the belt) and the 4" barrel length make for a much faster draw. Give Mike a try if you want a good Kydex rig.

·
Super Moderator
13,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
John,
What???? You've been practicing?? Dry firing?
Didn't you know that IDPA stand for "I Don't Practice Anymore"?
Yeah that Mike can make a really slick holster. That holster alone ought to shave at least 7 seconds from the classifier score.

------------------
"If she can cook chicken, she suits me to a T."
Ray Charles

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
Not me. The "Glock Twins" were giving Gary S. a hard time on scoring. They were looking for their overlays and plugs to score some of his targets with. I just stuck my nose in. I will make it a point to score them next match.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Originally posted by RMLamey:
Now the problem is finding a nice clean 625.
Yeah,tell Me aboutit.I've been looking for quite some time.tom.

------------------
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER

·
Super Moderator
13,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Joe D:
Not me. The "Glock Twins" were giving Gary S. a hard time on scoring. They were looking for their overlays and plugs to score some of his targets with. I just stuck my nose in. I will make it a point to score them next match.
Where was Benedict, how come he didn't stand up for his friend?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts